Which browser ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

geekster

In Runtime
Im sure its been asked before, but im new here. I currently use IE . I have walmart connect because it gives me the best dial up connection where I live ----Out in the woods.I minimize wm and use IE . I tried firefox a week ago but it was buggy.What do you use and why?

I use Firefox v1.0.

Why? Because it is free, it is fast, and it is not Microsoft (virus target). Plus, you can customize the snot out it with extensions. Just click Tools, Extensions, and click the Get More Extensions link.

The only time I don't use Firefox is when I am updating Windows...and that's only because it won't let you use anything else besides IE.

I use Firefox as i find it faster than any other, i can change things as it is open source if i need to and it never gives me problems.

Other browsers that i would recommend you try out are:
Opera (i don't really like it but you might)
Deepnet Explorer (I use this as well, really neat browser searches p2p as well)
Avant browser
Google's browser will be out soon - it should be good

I use IE, but it's got problems (like Trotter said, Microsoft = target). If you're stickin' with IE, you gotta keep up with the security updates (microsoft.com) and make sure you keep your anti-virus, anti-hacker, firewall, etc. software up-to-date (if you ain't got it, get it).

Firefox is great; I used it for awhile--only problem is, some sites just refuse to work unless you're on IE.

firefox works great for me.

i also use opera as my backup browser.

both are very good.

I use Firefox too, because it runs faster than IE on my box, and, oh yeah, I can't forget the whole tabbed browsing and open source thing.

Sometimes I do have to use IE because some sites do not like Firefox (COUGH COUGH...LAUNCHCAST...CAUGH), but, since I use a Mac, situations like these are few and far apart.

You can't beat the extensions for Firefox.

My favorite has got to be BBCode. Just highlight text, right click, and you have an option of BBcode, which includes BOLD, Italic, underline, font, color,
Code:
code
, quote, make list, and smilies. The top most option is clipboard, which opens to give the options of Paste Quote, Image, Code, Make URL, and Make selection URL.

Since I frequent BBs, I use it often.

Now heres the next question. Lets say I have wal mart connect which is AOL at a cheaper price. When I am online and I use firefox or opera ,arent IE and wm in the background using much needed resources?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom