blank browser window - what now?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dave 6.0

Solid State Member
Accessing a secure site such as online banking, I can get to the the sites ok, but going to some menu selections where another secure window pops up, it stops and the new window show nothing but background. Never fills in with anything. This happens with both Internet Explorer and Firefox.

All of this was working up to last week, and I think started after a Windows update. OS is Win XP Pro, using Sprint DSL and wired Belkin router. I uninstalled and reinstalled PC-cillin which didn't fix anything, and now that says I need to pay for a subscription! I just bought it last November.

Anybody know what the problem with the browsers is?

Well, I tried your run line brady <regsvr32 urlmon.dll> which executed successfully, but it didn't fix the problem. I will look on the MS site for fixes, and if I don't find anything there I may try to recover from a week prior to when the problem started to occur.

Part of the problem is I don't know what to search for or what to call it :confused:

In regards to Trend PC-cillin, I've e-mailed them and only get an automatic response saying check the FAQ on their web site. Yes I will upgrade my AV - with somebody else! :angry:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom