Betfred website problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

IanWirral

Beta member
I have been unable to access the above website for the last week or so after previously having no problems with it or any other websites. I have deleted it from my "favourites" and have typed the address in manually www......com in the address bar at the top of the page. For some reason Internet Explorer then treats this as a google search and produces various links to possible Betfred sites. When I click on the appropriate one I then receive a message "internet explorer cannot display the webpage....". I have telephoned Betfred who do admit that they did a website upgrade recently but despite various suggestions I am still unable to access the site. I have tried using Firefox, disabling Norton, deleting cookies/history etc, turning "protected mode" off, running a Norton virus scan, running a Spybot Search & Destroy scan. I am using Windows Vista, IE7 and Norton. Any suggestions would be much appreciated. As stated above I have no problems at all with any other websites.

I have Vista. I have IE7, Firefox 3.03 and Opera 9.60 and it works just fine for me. I would say Norton is your problem. Disable Norton and try it.

Thanks for the suggestion. I have tried turning Norton off temporarily and it didn't work. Do I need to uninstall Norton completely?

Could be a option. If you do use AVG or Avast. They are free and much better. If you need a firewall use comodo or Zone Alarm. Use the Norton Removal tool to get rid of Norton.

Download and run the Norton Removal Tool

Something to try first. Add the site to the allowed list on Norton firewall.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom