best internet

Status
Not open for further replies.
I use FIOS... it replaced Comcast (also great) (came from Bellsouth DSL) that was ok.. not so great... but FIOS is amazing.. i'm downloading the FarCry Ad-supported thiing... and its supposed to take 15minutes... not bad... since my friends are trying to do it in an hour with their connection

I was really dis-pleased with my Comcast at my apartment. It was WAAAAAAY to expensive, and since it was a large apartment building, the speeds were all over the map... sometimes fast, sometimes slow.... it was only fast after 02:00, when I would play WoW, and speed tests would be 6.0 meg on the dot. During the day, I would be lucky to get over 1 meg, high ping times. I called and complained alot, and told them I wanted a cheaper internet package, since it was garbage anyways, but 6 megs is the "slowest/cheapest" package they have.... I am SOOO glad to be out of there, and on my low latency 1.5 Meg DSL, cause it's free :D.

I was really dis-pleased with my Comcast at my apartment. It was WAAAAAAY to expensive, and since it was a large apartment building, the speeds were all over the map... sometimes fast, sometimes slow.... it was only fast after 02:00, when I would play WoW, and speed tests would be 6.0 meg on the dot. During the day, I would be lucky to get over 1 meg, high ping times. I called and complained alot, and told them I wanted a cheaper internet package, since it was garbage anyways, but 6 megs is the "slowest/cheapest" package they have.... I am SOOO glad to be out of there, and on my low latency 1.5 Meg DSL, cause it's free :D.

seriosly? the one that came with the Triple Play Package had great internet... but w/e... FIOS ftw :0

seriosly? the one that came with the Triple Play Package had great internet... but w/e... FIOS ftw :0

Comcast offers only ONE internet package. Plus, it is WAAAAAY too expensive. Yeah, sure, it is $19.99 for the first 6 months or whatever. Then when that is up, it skyrockets to $43.00 a month if you have 1 other service, and $54.00 or more if you have ONLY internet...

That, and you are on a shared medium at the node. Being in an apartment building where comcast cable is the ONLY wired broadband internet offering, you are sharing the bandwidth with neighbors. doesn't matter though, cause as I have said, most technologies are fairly equal, since the backbone trunks are over-booked by 200-300% anyways.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom