Best browser in terms of speed and features?

Status
Not open for further replies.

FrozenSilent

Baseband Member
Could anyone give me an accurate answer on the debate of which Internet browser is actually the best? I currently use firefox and it seems alright, I've used maxthon before and it seems a little buggy so I stopped using it and went back to firefox. IE simply sucks, slow... low features and looks pretty ugly in terms of GUI. Well I just want honest opinions based on experience, I'm sure you guys have used a lot of browsers and I'm hoping you are all willing to share some experience.

Thanks!

-FrozenSilent

This discussion has been had a million times and it all depends on personal preference. I like opera better than FF or IE but those are the only 3 I have used. For some people the browser they use is very important but for me its just a way for me to access this site and a few others.

There is no accurate answer. End of story.

Firefox can be customized to your hearts content with the Extensions.
Opera can be customized heavily with JavaScript files.
IE is what it is. Few add-ons and now has WebSlices.
Chrome right now is garbage but version 2 will be better. Once they add Extensions it will be great.
Safari is a port of the OS X version and has many issues working properly in Windows.

So the choice is yours. For anyone to give you a answer on which is the best is obsurd. As we can only tell you our preference. There is even a Benchmark App out there which can tell you which performs best on your system.

Peacekeeper - The Browser Benchmark by Futuremark Corporation

Speed is the cost of features. The faster a browser is the fewer features it can have, whereas the more features it has the slower it will be.

The key is to find the balance that you can live with, no matter what your choice is.

My recommendation is to run ie, firefox and opera and see which one you like the best.

That one would be the best internet browser.

I used to be a big fan of FF, but it is a memory hog. When IE8 was released I was impressed, I like all the new features,( which I feel some were borrowed from FF,but good idea) and less of a memory hog, to me that's a biggy. I have used Google chrome but found some web-pages were not compatible so I too will wait for the "New & Improved" version.
Today I recommend IE8...tomorrow... who knows? :facepalm:

Thanx Trotter...already installed. I did have some issues with it though...all my security programs didn't like it, so I'm trying to adjust settings and such so it will run without being slapped around. :D
Mak and I have discussed it privately, my problems with it and concerns...but all is good. :cool:
Later Trotter;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom