Best Browser?

Status
Not open for further replies.

vegasphil

Solid State Member
I am getting a new Desktop PC after several years in the Mac world. I hear that IE is no longer to be used, because of all the secuirty problems - what is today's best browser?

Don't mind paying for one if necessary, but just want to get the safest one to use.

I appreciate any advice.

:)

I use firefox.

but just to warn you, this thread might turn into a war between firefox and opera.

both are free as far as I know. well, I know firefox is. just type firefox into google to get a download.

Wow, I thought thread was gonna become a huge battle zone for FireFox vs Opera enthusiasts.

it's dumb to say which one is better, just use the one that fits your needs the best.

Your best to stay away from anything popular,

that is IE, Firefox and Opera,

this applies to all software, the more popular the more the hackers try to tear it to shreads and exploit it through viruses and vulnerabilities,

get a less popular browser, this way your system will be more secure, less hackers will be targeting it,

it is a real pity however because widely used software is more popular for a reason, it is good, user-friendly, functionable with multiple capabilities,

but with popularity comes attack!

Firefox is awesome because of all the extensions available. Download the ones you want, and customize it the way you want.

Unfortunately, you can't ditch IE completely... unless you don't want to update Windows, that is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom