Best Browser?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Safari and flock are a couple more flock is just a mod of firefox that mas been branded. I believe the original Mozilla is technically the fastest but its a nanosecond thing. Ie7 is one of the slowest. I use firefox for its add-ons but if your looking for just a simple straight up browser then chrome is good

Best browser? What a silly question. Everyone knows it's Opera.:D
j/k.
I do use Opera as my primary browser...it's fast, customizable, stable and has a small footprint.

It's a matter of personal preference really, but I'd say Firefox 3 out of all of the ones I've tried. I like the customization with the addons and extensions etc. I like FF2, but not as much.

I still use IE7 for a few things though. Like, Internet Banking, accessing MS Technet etc but I use FF3 for everything else. I don't really like the IE7 GUI.

Currently I am using FireFox v3.0.6 as this is what I'm used to. My computer's internal memory is on 512 MB, so as you can probably figure out, this isn't a good browser for my computer. In addition, I'm using a very poor wireless internet connection.

What I'm trying to point out, is that I need help to figure out what browser I should convert to. I have tried pretty much anything considered as a regular one, but they all leave me with the same problem - too heavy load.
I need a really RAM friendly browser and it leads me to ask - suggestions?

I guess my personal requirements for a browser is not an alternative if I want something that actually works properly considering my extremely poor RAM situation.

Sofie, use Firefox Ultimate Optimizer. It will cut the memory usage of Firefox to a mere fraction of what it may be using now. I am using Firefox without it, but I am running three gigs. I was running at 113000+K, fired up FUO, and am now at 1900K-650K.

FUO is free and works great. FUO runs in the system tray and quietly does its thing.

Download

I am truly grateful for this! It's an amazing thing and I'm noticing obvious changes already. Thanks a bunch, that was nice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom