Back up and restore internet explorer (internet options)

mikee

Fully Optimized
Does anyone know how I can back up and restore internet options settings for use with other computers?

A little background:

I work in IT at the university I went to and they are implementing a new student database that requires internet explorer and the internet options to be set a particular way and it takes time to set all the settings on each and every computer this database gets set up on.

So what I want to do is have some sort of automated way to have the internet options set to the settings needed.

Server 2000? That might be older than some peeps here. What version of IE are you using?

server 2000 is just what is running our active directory. Everyone else is running windows 7 or 10 that connects to the active directory domain. To put things in perspective the database that is being replaced was dependent on ms access 97. The powers at be really don't want to bother upgrading the infrastructure around here.

They would rather have the help desk technicians waste a ton of time setting up access to ancient databases than spend some money upgrading the software

mmmmmmmmmmmmm that's why they are in academia :)

Maybe someone should get them the peter principle?

I came in this thread to make the joke:

"IE users, they still make you?" but the fact paper pushers at a university are forcing it is even more lame which I didn't think was possible.

That sucks.

Back
Top Bottom