Awwww....Firefox loses ground to IE

Status
Not open for further replies.

Osiris

Golden Master
Firefox loses ground to IE

Get breaking Software news straight to your desktop - click here to find out how
Firefox's market share slipped last month for the first time since the alternative browser began its battle to offer a popular alternative to Microsoft's ubiqitous Internet Explorer software. This consistent growth suffered a set-back when Firefox fell back from 8.71 per cent market share in June to 8.07 per cent in July, acording to web analytics firm NetApplications. Over the same period Microsoft's share rose from 86.56 per cent in June to 87.2 per cent in July, so Firefox's loss was Microsoft's gain.

NetApplications mentions Mozilla decision to launch a commercial arm in explaining why some might have gone back to using IE. Other theories could include an end to the "honeymoon factor" and recent security problems tarnishing Firefox's image as a more secure alternative to IE. NetApplications' stats comes from a survey of 40,000 customers of NetApplications Web site montoring service.

Monthly browser share figures, from NetApplications
Microsoft Internet Explorer - 87.2 per cent
FireFox - 8.07 per cent
Safari - 2.13 per cent
Netscape - 1.50 per cent
Opera - 0.49 per cent
Mozilla - 0.5 2per cent
Other - 0.09 per cent

My thoughts are that most buisnesses still need IE because of its many advantages in a network atmosphere. I don't care i love mozilla Firefox and will never go back!!!!!!!!!!!!!

bah, Opera all the way, its faster, and more reliable, and VERY customizable. Everyone should at least try it out once..

U-Toast said:
bah, Opera all the way, its faster, and more reliable, and VERY customizable. Everyone should at least try it out once..
i am going to try it but it better be worth it or i am sending my angry monky to your closet...

no big deal, firefox just needs to keep up the good work and it will keep gaining.

zenyora said:
i am going to try it but it better be worth it or i am sending my angry monky to your closet...

HAHAHA i have used it Opera on my linux machine one time i didnt like ti that much and i customed that sucker too. Firefox will alwalys be in book to use :) SO sned that Monkey Muhahaha:p :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom