Aspell

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kriskringle

Baseband Member
Does anyone use 'Aspell' spellchecker with the Opera Browser. I downloaded it with the English dictionary.

I thought it would be recognised by Opera as it said it would.

I have Windows 98, do I need a C++ compiler or is Windows intergraded with one as it is written in it after all.

What should I do to get it functioning through Opera.

What the heck..
ok make sure your dictionary is installed...
and what does the compiler have to do with it???
i suggest upgrading and using dev c++

Look I don't have a clue what I'm talking about, we all don't have cpu's for brains.

I take it that 'Aspell' has to be compiled with a C++ compiler then, this is what I can make out from the manual.

Look there is a simple button in 'Opera' that says 'SPELL CHECKER', I pressed it thinking this is handy. 'Opera' then states that I don't have SpellChecker do I want to get it. Of course I said Yes, I though right download 'Aspell' and the English dictionary and I have it. Oh but no you have to get more crap to work a simple tool.

'Opera' should realise where all not thinking in 1's ands 0's, that the Google Toolbar spellchecker and Microsoft products don't involve all that for a simple tool, this is why Microsoft are on top making things simple and why I think I'll switch back.

No not really, I just got 'opera' a few days ago and it is better and much quicker.

All I need to no am I on the right track, is it that I need a compiler or have I got the wrong end of the stick.

Goto GNU Aspell, download and install the "Full Installer" - GNU Aspell-0.50.3 (win32). While your there choose a language pack and install it after you run the Aspell full installer. Close and reopen Opera, now you have a spell check for Opera. Just highlight your text in whatever "field box" your typing in, right click and choose "check spelling". :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom