AOL Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

techgirl

Solid State Member
Yes, I hate AOL as much as the next person but we do have a corporate account and the big guys upstairs in suits like thier AOL, so please no replies about "getting rid of AOL," okay?

The problem: Corporate user accesses AOL from home. They have a Broadband/Cable connection and they go to AOL.com. After a certain amount of inactivity (I don't know if they're checking email or what), their session is timed out.

Is there a way to fix this? Are there AOL.com settings that can be applied or changed? Internet Explorere settings? I tried talking to AOL Help (what a laugh) and you know, they didn't have a clue what I was talking about because they kept saying that AOL won't do that.

The problem is that when the user is logged into AOL.com (not the dial up software, but the AOL.com site) they are disconnected/timed out after a certain amount of inactivity.

Is there a way to change the amount of time that goes by before the session is timed out/disconnected or is this simply a default setting of AOL's?

There are programs that keep the connection alive... but I cannot think of what any of them are called right now.

TheMajor said:
Or use Opera and enable "reload page every X minutes" and you will stay logged in.

Not an option. This company is a Microsoft partner and therefore a purely Microsoft shop (except you know for letting the big wigs use AOL)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom