aol problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.
"G@Y -O- ****..."

This is one of the most retardedly simple questions that i've ever seen get answered.

I'd hate to sound immature, but you're crazy if you don't know this by now:

G@YOL installed CRAP without you knowing it, causing the software to conflict with your hardware! It does this all the frekin time! That's why nobody likes it!!
:mad:

Even if you do fix this problem, you'll have to go through a whole bunch of crap to fix anything else the software ruins! GET RID OF AOL!! GO to: START> PROGRAMS> ACCESSORIES> INTERNET TOOLS> Internet connection wizzard and set up your AOL account Without the stupid software!! :mad: :mad: :( :cool:

sigh, There's no convincing AOLers, but I'll try to help.Ive installed this countless times on other peoples computers.When you uninstall do you see more than one version?

Bruce said:
sigh, There's no convincing AOLers, but I'll try to help.Ive installed this countless times on other peoples computers.When you uninstall do you see more than one version?

It does seem like AOL people are the most stubborn in the world when it comes to changing their ISP. People pay for AOL and a second phone line when they could have broadband for a cheaper price, then make up excuses why they prefer AOL to a high speed connection.

I guess its because AOL is marketted so hard. As much marketting that goes into dial-up ISPs (broadband doesn't get near as much marektting), it really shows dial-up is not dead, and still has quite a future. As sad as it is, dial-up is still the most used form of connection and as long as the hard marketting of dial-up ISPs continue and people remain uneducated about the possibilities of broadband, it will stay that way.

BandwidthHogg said:
It does seem like AOL people are the most stubborn in the world when it comes to changing their ISP. People pay for AOL and a second phone line when they could have broadband for a cheaper price, then make up excuses why they prefer AOL to a high speed connection.

I guess its because AOL is marketted so hard. As much marketting that goes into dial-up ISPs (broadband doesn't get near as much marektting), it really shows dial-up is not dead, and still has quite a future. As sad as it is, dial-up is still the most used form of connection and as long as the hard marketting of dial-up ISPs continue and people remain uneducated about the possibilities of broadband, it will stay that way.

It's one thing if you connect through dial-up, the ones that really kill me are the ones that pay for it on top of broadband (noone get offended, my mom is one of these people) I used to service alot of home users, and most of the can't connect calls, I'd go there and IE would open right up.I'd say it's working then they'd open aol and it wouldnt connect.then id proceed to uninstall the 3 or 4 versions of aol they had in there, reinstall a new one and it would work.One good thing was I wouldnt have to save the ton of emails everyone seems to keep in their inbox. LOL

At least I believe they stopped piggybacking the spyware they used to install, like the weather bug.

But even more annoying than aol is that everything i install these days wants to put in the google or yahoo toolbar.Jeez if I wanted it i'd download it.The other day I bought a loaf of bread and the google toolbar fell out. :D

also you pay all this money for aol, you should just call them.

i'm sure they hear the same story everyday.

Bruce said:
It's one thing if you connect through dial-up, the ones that really kill me are the ones that pay for it on top of broadband

This is because when you go to cancel AOL dialup, they will tell you that AOL for broadband is required to use your broadband account. Then its hard to convince them otherwise.

I can't believe AOL CDs are included in some of the things they are included in. Like when I bought my X-FI sound card, behold there was an AOL CD, advertising topspeed and their slogan "Get DSL Speed without a High Speed Connection!!!" Nobody who would buy an X-Fi is going to use AOL dialup thank you very much.

BandwidthHogg said:
This is because when you go to cancel AOL dialup, they will tell you that AOL for broadband is required to use your broadband account. Then its hard to convince them otherwise.

I can't believe AOL CDs are included in some of the things they are included in. Like when I bought my X-FI sound card, behold there was an AOL CD, advertising topspeed and their slogan "Get DSL Speed without a High Speed Connection!!!" Nobody who would buy an X-Fi is going to use AOL dialup thank you very much.

Yea they'll tell you anything, they still call me to sign up cause I signed up once to get 100 dollars amazon. (which they deleted on me, cause if u don't use their software, read mail gets deleted in 3 days) and I used to tell them I run linux, and then after a few times they would tell me aol will run on linux, so i hadda start saying I had no computers anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom