AOL Explorer: Adding trusted sites

Status
Not open for further replies.

adriwise.gamgee

Beta member
In AOL's browser what's the equivalent of IE's TOOLS/INTERNET OPTIONS/SECURITY/TRUSTED SITES/SITES/ADD?

How would you go about adding trusted sites on AOL explorer???

WHY do people still insist on using AOL?

Even IF you simply must use dial-up because you have no other option, AOL is probably THE worst ISP you could ever use. They should rename it Completely Rapes Your System Online.

Most dial-up services are far cheaper than AOL, and if you're using AOL with broadband? My brain implodes from the silliness . . .

WHY do people still insist on using AOL?

Even IF you simply must use dial-up because you have no other option, AOL is probably THE worst ISP you could ever use. They should rename it Completely Rapes Your System Online.

Most dial-up services are far cheaper than AOL, and if you're using AOL with broadband? My brain implodes from the silliness . . .

Dear Tool,

You obviously aren't on the up and up on AOL either. They are dialup and broadband my friend. Did the member say that he was on dial up? Do you know the members location and the current availability of broadband in teh area? Do you know about the member's homelife? financial status? Instead of criticizing the member about his connection perhaps you might wish to consider contributing to the topic. :)

Your Friend In Maps Such As,

Mike

They should rename it Completely Rapes Your System Online.

But that would be CRYSOL ... sounds like a detergent :( This clearly needs to be heard in their marketing department for our future and our children

Actually, AOL has a browser out there in the wild that is independent from AOL itself. It is based off of IE, so the stuff should be the same.

I had plenty of bad experiences with AOL back in the day and would not wish it on anyone, but you gotta do what you gotta do.

Do you know the members location and the current availability of broadband in teh area?

No I don't, which is why I covered both bases when I said this:

Which leaves things like Netzero, PeoplePC Online, and so on. There are other dial-up options for those who are stuck in areas with no broadband.

Do you know about the member's homelife? financial status?

Nope. Exactly why I suggested cheaper and easier-on-the-PC services OTHER than AOL - because if finances aren't great, that would help the wallet, and if they're no object, then who would still refuse saving a little cash?

Instead of criticizing the member about his connection perhaps you might wish to consider contributing to the topic.

Whenever anyone asks a question about anything, I factor out the simplest troublesome aspects. AOL is one giant troublesome aspect, and if there is any way at all to convince someone not to use their junk software, I'll do it.

He could easily just get a better dial-up provider, use Internet Explorer itself, and not have this question. Problem would be solved.

So in the future, read before you cop attitude. Thanks.

(And that's Miss Tool to you).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom