Anyone else like Internet Explorer ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

CleanPC

Baseband Member
I tried firefox, opera, and a few others, but i dont like none of them. Firefox is a slow resource hog compared to the others. Unless you have a super fast connection maybee you wont notice. Frontier isp speed tests proved this.
I just cant configure anything else to be as fast as IE... To me nothing else comes close. I know IE is less secure, i disable activeXcontrolls unless i need to turn them on. Still might not be as safe as the others but its the only way i roll :D :( :p Anyone else?

I have posted how my Firefox is set up several times. It mainly has to do with the extensions you use, along with a tweak or two (FasterFox does these for you).

Here's my recommendations for definite must-have extensions:
  • Adblock Plus
  • Adblock Filterset.G Updater
  • All-in-One Sidebar
  • Fasterfox
  • Flashblock
  • IE Tab
  • McAfee SiteAdvisor*
  • NoScript
  • Tabbrowser Preferences
  • Yes popups

* Must be downloaded from elsewhere besides Mozilla. Google it.

Once you install these, configure Tabbrowser Preferences to how you want it. You will find a new option in Options called Tabbed Browsing. Play around and look at the options and set them the way you want.

Yes Popups lets you allow popups for a site so you can block all popups but not miss anything.

I can't stand to browse without my sidebar. I have buttons on it for New Tab, Bookmarks, Downloads, CookieCuller, Add-Ons, Wikipedia, Add Bookmark, Firebug, and Find.

I have no problem using IE. I use it at work and version 6 at that. Folks are gonna use what they like and are gonna say theirs is better, faster, more secure, etc. It's all relative. You still go to the same place no matter which you use. Use what you like and don't worry about what anybody else thinks.

I actually like IE, its much faster and is always fully compatible. Though to be secure you have to lock it right down which can be a pain in the *** sometimes.. especially when someone who isn't tech savvy or security concious tries to use your computer - its like watching a 4 year old trying to do calculus. I would never use IE without properly configured security zones

However that said, firefox is my default browser its just miles better in all aspects bar speed and compatibility. I use these extensions:

Tabmix Plus
no script
mcafee site advisor
IE tab
flash block
Adblock + filter set G

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom