Anyone else like Internet Explorer ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well I use firefox on a machine that has 128 of ram, 300 processor speed, and it loads the pages much faster than IE. So because of the low memory that I have I use firefox. Plus at times I use GPRS to connect to the internet and pages in IE takes ages to load, while the pages in firefox loads faster.

Actually, Firefox used to be a memory hog, not a CPU hog. It seems that the memory leak has been fixed in the newer versions. I had plugged mine a while back.

Firefox in the raw is very streamlined and loads quite fast. I dunno why yours loaded slower... odds are you need a system tune-up.

FF loads faster because it displays as it loads (mine does, anyway). With IE, I have wait for the WHOLE page to oad before it is displayed. Add in that I can/have customized FF like i want it, and you just can't beat it.

IE7 made some strides in the right direction. i think it was CNet that did side by side comparisons with bare browsers (IE7, FF, Opera). All were neck and neck. Toss in Fasterfox and you have a winner.

My pages display without loading them completely. On the flip side you might need a tune up as well as IE should be the fastest of any browser since it's integregated into windows from what i read. Spyware and long hijackthis results could hinder performance. Fasterfox? I read servers hate them as it loads some wierd code if you ever visit any links in the server it will load faster, many servers block this code. I also have IE7 on vista with a laptop and it's also fast, i had to disable the phishing filter as that slowed it down. Probably equal to firefox with the phishing filter :) :freak:

On firefox I have only videodownloaded extension installed. I really don't care a lot about extensions, I think that firefox is the best browser even without any extensions.

There is no such thing called "unsecure browser". IE7 is as secure as Opera and firefox. However, IE has more security flaws than firefox and opera because it is the most used, most hackers and virus developers are targeting IE.

According to this website less than 1% of internet users use Opera !! About 25% use FF and about 65% use IE
I'm not talking about Firefox. And even if I was, you say Firefox is the best browser, but then if it's not for extensions, what the **** is it for? It's name is better?

And what the **** are you trying to say.. who the **** cares if there is no such thing called "unsecure browser" or any of that crap.. the fact is, you're less likely to get viruses on Opera. So if IE7 has the most security flaws, why do you think it's better than Opera?

On the flip side you might need a tune up as well as IE should be the fastest of any browser since it's integregated into windows from what i read.
ROFL! no... wait... ROFL!!!! Oh, my sides... ROFL!!!

::wipes tears from eyes::

My rig to an optimized machine, to say the very least. You might want to do a little background before you want to play that game.

I use both IE and Firefox on occasion. I know my Firefox is faster due to the way I have it set up... no flash, no adds, no scripts. IE cannot touch it. I am not alone in this respect. But even if I turned all that off, FF would still edge IE.

The sad part is that IE is a part of Windows, which leads people to think that it should automatically be the fastest. Having it integrated does give it an edge, but Firefox, as well as Opera, have shown that IE is not the king of the hill.

Good Lord...get a grip people. Take a midol or something and get over yourself. Stop getting so upset because somebody likes something you don't like. It's not like they are slapping your mother if they say something bad about your browser. Prozac anyone?

Good point, Dave.

At the end of the day, what you use doesn't really matter, since they all do the same thing.

ROFL! no... wait... ROFL!!!! Oh, my sides... ROFL!!!

::wipes tears from eyes::

:p

I use both IE and Firefox on occasion. I know my Firefox is faster due to the way I have it set up... no flash, no adds, no scripts. IE cannot touch it. I am not alone in this respect. But even if I turned all that off, FF would still edge IE.

Interesting, wont alot of websites not function this way?

The sad part is that IE is a part of Windows, which leads people to think that it should automatically be the fastest. Having it integrated does give it an edge, but Firefox, as well as Opera, have shown that IE is not the king of the hill.

Im not saying its king. I guess i'm so use to ie and all the functions i like are instant. Also the text is displayed and holds better imo. It's all good, to many people think IE is just for newbies which i dont think is true. No computer, email, is secure. Just use what you like the best is the bottom line imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom