Anyone else like Internet Explorer ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have posted how my Firefox is set up several times. It mainly has to do with the extensions you use, along with a tweak or two (FasterFox does these for you).

Here's my recommendations for definite must-have extensions:
  • Adblock Plus
  • Adblock Filterset.G Updater
  • All-in-One Sidebar
  • Fasterfox
  • Flashblock
  • IE Tab
  • McAfee SiteAdvisor*
  • NoScript
  • Tabbrowser Preferences
  • Yes popups

* Must be downloaded from elsewhere besides Mozilla. Google it.

Once you install these, configure Tabbrowser Preferences to how you want it. You will find a new option in Options called Tabbed Browsing. Play around and look at the options and set them the way you want.

Yes Popups lets you allow popups for a site so you can block all popups but not miss anything.

I can't stand to browse without my sidebar. I have buttons on it for New Tab, Bookmarks, Downloads, CookieCuller, Add-Ons, Wikipedia, Add Bookmark, Firebug, and Find.

To add to your list:

- Download Statusbar
- Foxmarks Bookmarks Synchronization
- 1-Click Weather
- Anonymization Toolbar
- Tab Mix Plus
- Colorful Tabs
- Aging Tabs

The list for FF customization goes on and on...

I use Colorful Tabs. Tabbrowser preferences does the same thing as Tab Mix Plus... i just like the way Tabbrowser works better.

I already weather on my desktop with yahoo widgets.

I may check out some of the other ones listed though. I may list the rest of my extensions after I get home.

Security & user interface of IE is very poor.
I like FireFox.
Free version of Opera shows advertisement. Right? That's a great problem.

It depends on what you prefer as an individual. I once asked a technician what he thought about Firefox- he believed it was safer and faster, but he preferred to use IE. So those of us who loves Firefox dearly- there's nothing you can do convince some persons about your choice of preference... In my opinion, Firebox is on top of all the other browsers- thats my opinion.

One extension I could live without is Faster fox it is supposed to make Firefox faster over a wireless LAN but insted it makes it very very slow.

Wireless? there's a simple solution for that... it's called CAT-5.

i dont ally like ie7 but im using it but it always seems to crash but im using firefox on my memory pen

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom