AIM users, take note.

Status
Not open for further replies.
But if you think about it, I'm sure that trillian and the others can use the same thing. AIM probably doesnt investigate your messages at all unless they have a damn good reason to. They just put that in there in case your using your account for illegal stuff or somehow manipulating others stuff (sending viruses etc.) so they can look at what your sending to catch you. Thats why i'd think they put that in there.

Granted, privacy is good...but are you really doing something so -secret- you're afraid of AOL catching you? Hehe... c'mon now, it's just AOL, they just want to cover their end in every way possible.

--but...yes... I just use Trillian, with limited AIM for friends who will not stray from it, otherwise Jabber, or MSN. ICQ follows AIM, so...possibly Y!...but odds are not:)

I don't think I made any sense...

but Gaim you can click X and it wont goto your system tray. It will completly log out..

majistic said:
but Gaim you can click X and it wont goto your system tray. It will completly log out..

This is true with Trillian as well... if you change your preferences (Default is as you say--will send it to the tray). I personally like that as I always hide it down there unless I want to message someone.

Xula, with Gaim by clicking the X it completly logs you out. In trillian hittin the arrow minimizes it to the system tray, which is what I want.

You cannot do that with Trillian? I'm fairly sure it's under the prefs menu--I'll check when I get home. If it is not, I just complain on their forum--amazingly, the next release always fixes what I ask for, which is another reason I like it:) Err...anyway!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom