56k running at 24kbs

Status
Not open for further replies.

BookerT

Baseband Member
yeah i had high speed on for quite some time and ive lost my connection due to moving. Now i signed up for juno internet services and im using my 56k and its running at 24kbs. Is there some kind of setting so i can get it to run like a normal 56k.

please help

slow1cb.jpg

That just maybe the max that area will receive. I had dial at one time, usually connected at 48k, ny friend down the road had dial up he connected at 28k all the time so it depends on the area you live in.

Yeah, it all depends on the condition of your phone line. I live WAY in the boonies, and on a good day I can get as much as 19.2kbps, and on a bad day I see 9.6kbps, and I even 4.8kbps one time. I disconnected and connected at 12.3kbps. So yeah, it all depends on your area.

BTW, I am patiently waiting for WildBlue satellite. If you live too far to get cable or DSL as I do, perhaps you should look into it. Its comming in Q2 2005. The website is www.wildblue.com.

Rain Fade on Wildblue

Rain fade is an issue with all satellite except cband However WB is pretty resistant to it and WB can adjust some power levels to counter it under uncertain conditions. WB should be less than Directway or Starband due to spot beams , controlable power, circular polarization, It hasnt been much of an issue during since I installed mine.

Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom