2 modems

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikee

Fully Optimized
My dads computer has 2 modems hooked up to it because they guy who built it said it would make the internet faster if they were hooked up together but I dpn't know how to set them up together. Does anyone know how can I make this work?

I'm no expert but common sense would lead me to believe that this is b***s***,

data packets would take longer to travel through both modems making the internet slower, that is if it is even possible.

It can work, but needs two seperate phone lines.

You'll have to Google a bit to find out the particulars, but I know I've read about it.

LOL Then ny dad is really stupid when it comes to buying a computer because that extra modem costed him and extra 45 bucks and he didnt even ask me first to see if it was even possible. He says he did it because the person who built it said it would make the internet faster.

yeah you can make it work but you would need 2 phone lines and 2 accounts. any possibility of getting high speed in your area. would be way faster and cheaper.

the only possibility of hi speed here is satelite and its 70 bucks a month

here is your moment in the sun. 2 phone lines at $15 a month 2 dial up accounts at $20 a month. thats $70 bucks. get pop to spring for the satelite. faster speeds same price. hmmmmmm

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom