Yak thread?

Status
Not open for further replies.

nOcLuE98

Biohazardous
I spend a lot of time here, and sometimes it is nice to just be able to chat with people, but we can't really do that in the threads (cept in OT) without thread jacking.

At another forum I spend a lot of time at, we have a YAK sticky thread. (Same as OT sticky thread) Just a place to say hi, talk about whatever is on your mind. The rules are a little bit more lax in that thread, double posts are ok... anything that you want to talk about, is talked about in there. No thread jacking, just talk. Of course the rules would be a little diff here, like possibly, no double posts, but that way we dont have to start a new thread for something small.
anyone else like the idea?

Humm there realy is no point to that, OT is geared towards things non tech related. The rules we do have in place are there more to stop flaming an keep the peace rather than to restrict people.

Topics such as religion an politics can go down hill fast they are subjects people feel close to there hearts an can take offense at that is why they are not permitted, prity much anything else is a allowed subject although there are cases where the thread is deleted or locked to prevent it from becoming a flame fest.

Humm there realy is no point to that, OT is geared towards things non tech related. The rules we do have in place are there more to stop flaming an keep the peace rather than to restrict people.

Topics such as religion an politics can go down hill fast they are subjects people feel close to there hearts an can take offense at that is why they are not permitted, prity much anything else is a allowed subject although there are cases where the thread is deleted or locked to prevent it from becoming a flame fest.

I understand all of that, but sometimes you dont want a whole thread to say something. But then again, I do do all of this at other forums, so it isnt a big deal, I was just wondering :D

Interesting concept. Seems like it would be best served by a chatroom of some sort. Tech-Forums had one in ages past, but it didn't see any activity. Since I don't IM (anymore), I'm not current on which ones have this capability.

Putting one's IM info in their profile could help facilitate this, as it would allow others to give them a shout and an invite. You can use the Who's Online link to see who is online and logged on (duh). You will find said link at the bottom of the main index.

Interesting concept. Seems like it would be best served by a chatroom of some sort. Tech-Forums had one in ages past, but it didn't see any activity. Since I don't IM (anymore), I'm not current on which ones have this capability.

Putting one's IM info in their profile could help facilitate this, as it would allow others to give them a shout and an invite. You can use the Who's Online link to see who is online and logged on (duh). You will find said link at the bottom of the main index.

yeah, the main reason I like it better than a chatroom type of deal, is that it is slower. Just as slow as normal posting, but about nothing really. Check out the forum in my sig to see what i am talking about. You can view as a visitor, for someone as intelligent as you, the yak thread should not be hard to find.

The concept may not really be a concept, but it may be answered by us having the longest thread of any forum. I'll start the longest thread in the OT forum and it will be up to the members to keep it going, talking about anything and everything (except those things not allowed by the rules) and everyone can contribute to it as often as they like. There will really be no subject matter, except for making this the longest thread of any forum, and that will take a long time to beat.

So, go to the potentially longest thread in history and start posting. The thread is here.

Dave :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom