Xp pro updates/Vexira
This is by way of a complicated question
1. I'd been having trouble starting "Install" after program downloads.
2. Thought my setup was at fault, so after backing up data on CD's, I used bootable KillDisk (KillDisk.com) to partially wipe my 120GB drive (to 3%) and then re-installed XP pro during which it formatted the drive (accapting it as a raw disk!).
3. To protect from virus attack I installed Vexira a/v program(CentralCommand.com) during MS updating.
4. Found that SP1 would not install
5. Removed Vexira and installed Norton a/v
6. SP1 and all updates installed correctly
7. Re-Installed Vexira
8. Found that many (but not all) programs would not initiate installation,
9. Removed Vexira
10. All programs have installed normally and continue to do so.
System is: A7N8X de luxe Mobo, AMD 3200 cpu, 512MBPC3200 ram, 120 GB drives (2 off) and OS is XPpro fully updated.
Does anubody know why Vexira behaves this way/or has a solution? Can't get reply from CentalCommand.com