Worldwide

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yek

T.F's Resident Cool Guy...
Now most of the mods are from the states yes?
And most of them are all in the same timezone yh?
So if you had say one mod in every timezone spammers wouldnt get left to spam for such a long time span because there would always be a mod on (well...most of the time)
Say , 5 in the states , 4 in the uk , russia etc ?
What do you think?

I suggested it about a year ago. I was told it wouldn't help. I think differently as I see spam here stay for a few hours.

I also think a mod should have power to moderate the whole forum, not selected forums.

Since then there has been a couple of Australian mods that have improved the control of spam.

As of right now, the mod team consists of people from the US, Canada, and Australia. Nothing against anyone from anywhere else... there just hasn't been any interest shown when we have recruited mods.

All mods must meet certain criteria, which include a minimum time of membership and a minimum post count. They must also be "squeeky clean" in regards to past behavior (perfection, though, is not required... thankfully). A shown aptitude for helpfulness, as well as a displayed knowledge of the area to be covered is also a must.

I don't know of any immediate plans to recruit. When the decision is made, however, DMo224 will place something in his sig saying that we are accepting "applications" for moderators.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom