Why don't we have a chat system?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joeyboy

Daemon Poster
Well on some other forums i go to there is an option for chat on the site, i guess sites have their own internal IRC thing going on, althoguh one site says it doesn't use IRC so i'm not sure what chat program they use. The point is that i find chat is a really great addition to a site because it makes getting to know one another a lot easier, also since this is partly a help site having an area in chat called " tech support" would allow people to get "live" help with their problems.

ALSO

how come when i go over a users name there are options like " view public profile", "send private message", "find more posts buy" etc, yet none of these ever work, there aren't even links when you click them.

not gonna lie, i was thinking about this last night and wondering why we didn't ahve one and how we should get one. and i dunno why the user links don't work, but if you right click and open in new window/tab it works fine.

The vent server has always belonged to ToV TF has not ever had a vent server.

Chat would be nice but IRC is a no no in my opinion a link in the top line that launches a java based pop up like back in the old days would be nice. I know when TF was still run by Chopper Tech-Haven (TF's sister sight) had one.

Here we go again.... sometimes I think I imagined VBull inserted a search feature... :p

One big problem with a chat room is that it would have to have a babysitter 24/7. Maybe not for the flaming and such, but for spammers. One way around that would be to require a minimum post count to join in, though.

Attempts at this is the past started with people using it for the first few days, and then it was a ghost town.

That is why members can register their IM handles... so other members can IM them. Most IM services allow for multiple-person chats. If you use a multi-client IM program like I do (Trillian), you can chat with people on several different IM services.

**EDIT** Oh, and, yes, a search would have yielded these answers. Too bad we don't have one. Oh, wait... ;) **/EDIT**

oh search function,oops.....:happy:

The main reason i was asking was actually because when, sometime in the summer i really really hope, i finally build me a whole new comp(never done so before) i'll probably need quite a bit of help. I thought a chat system would be cool for that, although i guess i could add people on windows messanger that were willing to assist me.:D

There is a chat system

You have to have AIM installed. Then you just send an IM to 'peterhuang913' and it's almost always live.

There is a chat system

You have to have AIM installed. Then you just send an IM to 'peterhuang913' and it's almost always live.

What a coincidence! It seems that if you have either AIM or MSN installed, and add the names in my profile, it works the same as the one you posted as mine are almost always live too! Amazing how technology works :p.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom