Whats happening with the Forums.

Why not just build a whole new site from scratch? I mean sure we'd lose a ton of thread history and whatnot, but if it's truly as bad as you say, then a clean slate certainly wouldn't be a bad idea.

Because that would be even more awful. Forums in general aren't very active anymore, and the only ones that are still up have been around for a long time. Plus we still get hit from search engine traffic for past issues that may have been resolved, so there's at least still traffic from that.

and the only ones that are still up have been around for a long time.

We have been around for far too long... I swear, if the day that TF ever goes offline, I am going to be requesting a copy of the database so I can throw it up on a personal server in read only mode. >.>

We have been around for far too long... I swear, if the day that TF ever goes offline, I am going to be requesting a copy of the database so I can throw it up on a personal server in read only mode. >.>

I just lol'd at this. Such a seriously witty comment. Ha Ha .. Made me laugh.

Being around since 2002, I don't really see the problem with overhauling the site with something new.

Same especially with just ~50 regulars, post count, and reputation could be entered manually to give them the "credit" they've heard for years. But the benefits far outweigh the costs.

As long as this community never, ever ends up something like GetSatisfaction or Lithium... Bleh!

Seems so many people are moving to that style of community, and I rather hate how they operate.

But really, techist, and CF just need to be thrown into a read only mode, and left dormant with links to a new single website where everyone can be together, start anew, with a REAL news section as the home page. Then in the forums, there can always be stickied topics that link back to the old forums for the most popular of topics/how-tos.

Another thing... SSO logon with FB/Gmail and other web services has become incredibly popular and in high demand... It may be one reason we have had such a sharp decline in membership. It's a PITA to make an account on older communities these days. Especially with email verification and having to have an email thats not on the blocked list.

I want quote notifications, be able to @ mention people, and @ mention notifications..

Ahhem, xenforo

I'm not around here much anymore but I do lurk from time to time. This site was pretty much my home back during my college years from around 2004 to 2007ish. Amazing to see that it's still active when so many other sites are long gone.

I'm not around here much anymore but I do lurk from time to time. This site was pretty much my home back during my college years from around 2004 to 2007ish. Amazing to see that it's still active when so many other sites are long gone.
It's even more amazing that some of us still frequent the site.

Back
Top Bottom