Usernames from Spammers

Status
Not open for further replies.
There is almost endless amounts of usernames possible. I dont think that spammers are taking up that many of them. New users might have to use some creativity.

Might as well get rid of them though. I wonder how many have been banned already....

There should be a cleaning of all the usernames with 0 posts as well as the spammers.

M4A1 said:
There should be a cleaning of all the usernames with 0 posts as well as the spammers.

Those "0 posters" might just be in here for off-topic. Look at their actual post count, coule be 100, since they post in OT.

I recommend deleting any account that has been banned for six months or more, as well as any zero-post account older than six months.

There are 38,004 members here. Even though only a small percentage of those are regular, I think having a huge number of members makes the forum look better. Who cares if they are spammers and got banned, they're not doing any harm any more, and I severely doubt there is a shortage of usernames. If someone cannot get the username they want it isn't going to stop them joining.

On average, there is about 40 users online at a time, sometimes more or less.

There must be 20,000 users that just sign up, solve a problem, and never come back.

talldude123 said:
There must be 20,000 users that just sign up, solve a problem, and never come back.
So what? Thats 20,000 more users that make TF a more popular site. I dont see anthing wrong with all those non-active users.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom