Time-out!

TechyOne

Solid State Member
I just lost about an hours worth of work. :madd: Perhaps it was my fault, but I thought the little Auto-Save in the corner was doing just that. After completing my extensive list of Mac MMOs that I was going to post for the enjoyment of others, I clicked to preview the post. What was I greeted by you ask?? A time-out saying I needed to log back in to view my draft. Unfortunately, when I logged back in, all that was left of my work was my text buried in more HTML tags than one could possibly imagine. It would have taken more time to dig all of the information out than to start fresh. Anyway, pardon my rage, I would like to suggest that a time-out not be implemented on post creation. There are ways to prevent this, yes, but I don't want to see someone new to the forum, like me, have the same thing happen to them. Thank you for considering my suggestion. :p

Try checking the "Keep me logged in" option when you sign in. Also keep in ind that writing a post is regarded as inactivity by the software that the site runs on. Typing up a long post in another program (like Word or Notepad) may be a good idea if you are a slow typist. ;)

Thanks. As I said I am new, and I had a feeling there would be some solution to it. I was just thinking of using TextEdit for long posts, but I most certainly don't have a slow typing speed. I feel 70 wpm is exceptional. =D My mistake, but keep in mind it is only my second day.

Back
Top Bottom