"Thanks" mod

KSoD

Call me Mak or K, Mod Emeritus
So let me ask this of the membership. Since we are back on the older vB and we have much more usability, how would you all feel about ditching the current Reputation system and going with a Thanks system?

You know the one where you get a Thanks or Thank You button for the post that you can click and have that act as the new Rep system for the site? Is that something that you all would want?

I know such an item was previously asked about and talked about. But now that we are getting progress done on the site much quicker and with efficiency, what are the feelings of the people who will be affected most by such a thing?

Re: Software change - Forum changes today

Doesn't sounds like a bad idea to me.

So let me ask this of the membership. Since we are back on the older vB and we have much more usability, how would you all feel about ditching the current Reputation system and going with a Thanks system?

You know the one where you get a Thanks or Thank You button for the post that you can click and have that act as the new Rep system for the site? Is that something that you all would want?

I know such an item was previously asked about and talked about. But now that we are getting progress done on the site much quicker and with efficiency, what are the feelings of the people who will be affected most by such a thing?

I'm assuming we would lose our current rep? Like it wouldn't be factored into the thank system in anyway?

I don't care, but those of us who have a lot of reputation might. *waiting for people*

I'm assuming we would lose our current rep? Like it wouldn't be factored into the thank system in anyway?

The current Rep system would have no effect on the Thanks system. So yes we would lose all of our current Rep.

My rep isn't proportional to how many posts I have due to tons of previous immaturity. Before I liked the rep system because I could see what I was getting rep on which is why I asked about it. I wanted to know what exactly I was helping on. Thing is, most new people can't rep for things they want so if a thanks button alleviates that problem and they can directly thank a post it might work out better. I'm pretty 50/50.

What we already have is nothing more than a popularity contest. People would rep others just to get their rep up and make their rep power higher. It is in no way a real reflection of the people or their posts. So what difference does it make if we use it or lose it? As PP said, the current system is setup so that new members are not giving credit when they rep, but the person can see that they got it from them.

The Thanks system will be done right on the forum and for everyone to see. So if I thanked the post above, you would see it and everyone who came to the site would see that PP was Thanked by KSoD for that post. It is not something hidden in a user profile for only them to see, it is no something that a few boxes under a username can truly represent.

You don't want to see what we have go, that is fine. You can have your opinion on the matter. But just know that doesn't mean you will be excluded from it when it happens, cause it is most likely going to happen. I am pushing for it cause I like that system much better and if you go into any topic on XDA you will see how much more efficient it really can be.

I would rather go with the Thanks option. TBH KSoD is right about the current rep system; while not all rep was given for this kind of reason, most of it is/was. I have a lot of rep that I will lose but I think it will be worth it.

Curious, will the thanks system show that a post in the community was supported by other members of the community?

I don't mind loosing the rep system, but, the intent was to help make it so a user could see a post from another user in the support sections, and this could help them understand that the user isn't seen as a moron around here.

Not sure exactly how the "thanks" system would work in that particular regard.

Back
Top Bottom