Temporary ban's

Status
Not open for further replies.

DJ-CHRIS

Golden Master
So, I belive we need something inbetween locking a thread, and banning a user. I suggest having a 2-3 day ban, and this would be used on someone who posts many thread's about the same thing, people who get involved in flamewars and people with inapproperiate comments.

It's worked well where I have seen it before. I also suggest giving this power to Mod's, as they have to wait a while to get an admin to permently ban. This would be great for spammers, to ban them as well.

It would also be great for long time users who have a bad day and start flaming somebody. I agree that this would be a good idea.

This is easy in vB, all they need is a new usergroup labeled "frozen" or something similar, and then install the hack which time delays how long the person is added to this group

They can even do it on vB2 which I'm pretty sure they're still running. They really need to update this board though, I'm pretty sure 3.5 for vbulletin is out now.

I would like to close threads, I find 2-4 threads from the same person in different forums daily.

oh well, ill just keep pmming garaa and bedub :p

So I'm not the only one who does that :)

I'm all for it but I only know how to do it with a IPB board can it be done with VB?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom