TF Sig Search Code

Status
Not open for further replies.

Emily

Daemon Poster
The server that had the code for the TF search in the sigs went down and I'm not sure when it will be back up again, so I put it on a different server. If you have the code in your sig, replace it with this code please:
< form action="http://www.srsyo.org/tfsearch.php" method="get">
< input type="text" name="search"> < input type="submit" name="submit" value="Search!">< /form>
Sorry for the inconvenience! :)

Shumway, did you remove the spaces? Sorry, I forgot to mention that you have to do that... Remove the spaces between all the < and the first letters of the tags.

And willsko, you just copy it into your sig and remove the spaces. :)

When you search from the TF search page, it requires you to fill out more than just the keyword field, even though the other required fields are already set to a default (like Search All Open Forums) that you usually don't change. So if you were to just submit a keyword from a sig search directly to the TF search page, it would give you an error message because it thinks that you submitted a query from the TF search page without filling out all the required fields. The www.srsyo.org/tfsearch.php script fills in the required fields for you (with the usual defaults, like searching all the forums and all dates) and then redirects you to the TF search page.

Um... that was a really unnecessarily complicated explanation, but basically the tfsearch.php script is just there so that you don't have to put all the required fields in your sig.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom