T-F funding

I found some website before that keeps track of traffic and stuff and estimates T-F averages about $90 a day from ad revenue. Which is $2700/month. It also listed the website they get their hosting/servers from. And the servers ranged from $300-900 a month. So I highly doubt the website is really in need of money.

Not trying to be a jerk or buzzkill.....Just saying I think the website can pay for itself.

I found some website before that keeps track of traffic and stuff and estimates T-F averages about $90 a day from ad revenue. Which is $2700. It also listed the website they get their hosting/servers from. And the servers ranged from $300-900 a month. So I highly doubt the website is really in need of money.

Not trying to be a jerk or buzzkill.....Just saying I think the website can pay for itself.

I know of those websites and lets just say that they are in-accurate in every estimate. 1 site tells you that the site makes $90 a day in ads, another says $50 and yet another says over $100. not a single one of them knows for a fact about the ads or how often they are clicked. As they are only seen by guests. Just like that site is when it comes here to do the estimate.

Not a single person that is logged in sees any ads. There is a loss of revenue from ad clicks from how many people on any given day? I can flat out tell you that i know for a fact that this site does not pull in $90 a day from as revenue. It doesnt even get half of that.

It also doesnt take into consideration that Larry owns the server. He bought it himself and has it housed in a Center. So it cost him money for the server, then monthly charges to have it housed, then monthly charges for bandwidth. Not to forget the charges for the vB software that we run.

I could go on but i think i made the point very clear. While the site is not in dire need fo funding, it is in no way as great off as those sites are estimating. I can say for a fact that the ad revenue has not even covered the cost of the server as of yet.

Not trying to be a buzzkill or anything. But i happen to know a few more facts than those sites do. ;)

I'm sorry but I can't believe that. Just by looking this through thread the earliest member is office politics ...joining January 2004. Which puts this site at being at least 7 years old. And you say the ad revenue hasn't even paid for the server? So either the site brings in <$20/month or the server cost >$2000...Neither of which I can see as being plausible.

Anyway it goes....If the site was putting Larry into debt it wouldn't be around...or even the members would be seeing ads.

lol - I'm curious as to this sotry of the previous anarvhy area? :p (on holifay using an ergonomic keyboard whih I can't change the position of :()

I'm sorry but I can't believe that. Just by looking this through thread the earliest member is office politics ...joining January 2004. Which puts this site at being at least 7 years old. And you say the ad revenue hasn't even paid for the server? So either the site brings in <$20/month or the server cost >$2000...Neither of which I can see as being plausible.

Anyway it goes....If the site was putting Larry into debt it wouldn't be around...or even the members would be seeing ads.

That is because you dont take into consideration that the Server we are using is NOT 7 years old. It was just bought less than 2 years ago. In fact if i am correct it is less than 1 year old now. So that means we switched servers, and Larry bought a new one! :omg:

So yes it IS totally possible that the ad revenue has not paid for the server. Wow shocking how that can be. Notice yet again how the information your are using is not accurate?

Sorry waffle but i dont just make comments like i am for no reason. I know information that you dont. Your just jumping to conclusions.

That is because you dont take into consideration that the Server we are using is NOT 7 years old. It was just bought less than 2 years ago. In fact if i am correct it is less than 1 year old now. So that means we switched servers, and Larry bought a new one! :omg:

So yes it IS totally possible that the ad revenue has not paid for the server. Wow shocking how that can be. Notice yet again how the information your are using is not accurate?

Sorry waffle but i dont just make comments like i am for no reason. I know information that you dont. Your just jumping to conclusions.

Well, for all this information you have you're sure not sharing any but are so willing to shoot down other's information.

You say it hasn't paid of THE(usually when people say the they mean 1 as in singular...or even THE serverS) but then point out I'm inaccurate even though you didn't even provide all the information. And even then you didn't say how long the server around, you made it sound like it was there from the beginning.

Not trying to pick a fight with you, and I understand you know a lot more than I do about the situation...but it's annoying when people go on about how much they know and how little everyone else knows..but refuse to share any of the information they supposedly know. it's like popping into a group of friends and saying you know someone's girlfriend/boyfriend is cheating on them..but then refuse to tell them.

Back
Top Bottom