T-F funding - Page 2 - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Techist Forum Information > Forum Admin, Announcements & Feedback
Click Here to Login

Old 04-17-2010, 10:34 AM   #11 (permalink)
Lady Techie

Default Re: T-F funding

Where we can post hardcore erm, nothing, never mind :|

LinkedIn Kiera Mitchell
Yami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2010, 11:09 AM   #12 (permalink)
Equator Gringo

definitely not talking about that kind of sub-forum haha...

PII 940 :: 5870 :: Rage powered
james.wired is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2010, 10:26 PM   #13 (permalink)
Call me Mak or K
Mod Emeritus

Sorry but no matter what, we are not going to bypass the rules in any way, shape or form. The simple reason is this.

It will not be that hard for any person, be it a staff member or a member who has access to the area to forget they are in the public forum and post something and get themselves into trouble. They think they are in the "special" area when in fact they are not and we would have no choice but to uphold the rules to the fullest extent.

So yeah while the rules maybe a bit more lax in the area, there will be no dropping or negating of any rules in any area at any time.

Phone: LG Optimus G Pro
Running: Stock JB from LG with Nova Launcher

KSoD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2010, 02:20 AM   #14 (permalink)
It's all just 1s and 0s

Send a message via MSN to office politics

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mak213 View Post
Sorry but no matter what, we are not going to bypass the rules in any way, shape or form. The simple reason is this.

It will not be that hard for any person, be it a staff member or a member who has access to the area to forget they are in the public forum and post something and get themselves into trouble. They think they are in the "special" area when in fact they are not and we would have no choice but to uphold the rules to the fullest extent.

So yeah while the rules maybe a bit more lax in the area, there will be no dropping or negating of any rules in any area at any time.
ummmm **confused**

which rule do you speak of?
office politics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2010, 08:15 AM   #15 (permalink)
Call me Mak or K
Mod Emeritus

Any and all rules. James made a comment about ditching Rule #2 completely in exchange for a donation. That is what my comment is directed toward.

While we may setup a forum or even user group for those that donate, while we may go forward with this, we are not going to allow for rule violation any where at any time. As i said it gets confusing for any one to remember what they can and cant say on a specific part of the forum.

So they maybe in OT and want to respond with something that they could do in the "special" area but forget they are not there and post it up. They will get an infraction to the full extent of our rules. Then they get upset cause they got an infraction when they feel they shouldnt cause they simply made a mistake of not paying attention to where they had posted that stuff. Which then gets the member upset.

It is not a good situation to try and play this game with "special" rules for a specific group. It was tried before and failed miserably.

Old 04-18-2010, 10:45 AM   #16 (permalink)
There and Back again

I agree... Back when I joined, it was donation only... I threw in my 20.00 and called it a day... But the "special" section of the forum did fail... albeit, it was a little more mature, it did get bad in the end...

I do like the idea of the "tech-forums" t-shirts. I know Zazzle does t-shirts for Ryan Bliss ( Digital Blasphemy 3D Wallpaper: Updates )
I bought one to support him, so I know I would get one for TF.

Dell 4K S2817Q / Logitech Z-680 / Func MS3 Mouse / Corsair K70 LUX rgb
NZXT Source 530 / i5-7600K / Corsair H100i v2 / ASRock Z270 Extreme4
SM951 M2 256GB / 850 evo 1TB / Seagate 2TB / WD 2TB
2x16GB Vengeance LPX DDR4 3000 / evga Classified GTX 980 ti / Seasonic M12II 850W

Nukem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2010, 11:29 AM   #17 (permalink)
Lord Techie

I like the t-shirt idea also. I'm wearing my MNPCTECH t-shirt right now, if it was a Tech-Forum t-shirt my PC would probably OC a little higher
Old 04-18-2010, 11:34 AM   #18 (permalink)
Equator Gringo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mak213 View Post
Any and all rules. James made a comment about ditching Rule #2 completely in exchange for a donation. That is what my comment is directed toward.

While we may setup a forum or even user group for those that donate, while we may go forward with this, we are not going to allow for rule violation any where at any time. As i said it gets confusing for any one to remember what they can and cant say on a specific part of the forum.

So they maybe in OT and want to respond with something that they could do in the "special" area but forget they are not there and post it up. They will get an infraction to the full extent of our rules. Then they get upset cause they got an infraction when they feel they shouldnt cause they simply made a mistake of not paying attention to where they had posted that stuff. Which then gets the member upset.

It is not a good situation to try and play this game with "special" rules for a specific group. It was tried before and failed miserably.
I wasn't talking about ditching rule #2...YGPM

Old 04-18-2010, 05:02 PM   #19 (permalink)
Call me Mak or K
Mod Emeritus

YGPM as well. Sorry for the confusion as well. But i did want to make it known that no matter what happens, no rules are going to be "dropped" or forgotten about in the new section. While they maybe a bit more lax and we may not hammer down as much for certain things, there most certainly will not be a free for all going on.

Old 04-18-2010, 06:18 PM   #20 (permalink)
Equator Gringo

Ahh booo let's have an all out anarchy area!