Spam reporting

Status
Not open for further replies.
I will ask about it at the next opportunity mate, it is something Trotter will have to do I don't have that much power.

When any post is reported, it creates a thread within the mods' forum. The timer for the amount of time between posts is a universal timer, being the same for all posts throughout the forum. A special timer cannot be set for reporting spam (or any other reporting).

The timer is currently set for 30 seconds. This time will not be reduced, and probably should be increased. It is there to prevent flooding of the forums by spammers and/or bots. Yes, it can be inconvenient at times, but it is there for a reason.

Is the report button linked to the messaging timer? As its annoying reporting then waiting to say reported at the end of a thread.

In all honesty. There is no need to have to say reported. Just report it and let it be. We are going to deal with it and delete it anyways. So why bother posting just to have the post taken away?

Report the thread like it should be and let it rest.

No it's fine mate. We see all reported post as a new thread in the mod section. It actually makes it more work for us when you add a post saying reported. Barely anymore though :p.

If several people report the same thread the forum puts them all in the same thread automatically. The only drawback is that the forum sends out an email to the mods in charge of that forum with every report, but multiple emails should alert us that we have trouble that needs attention.

I have extensions in Firefox that check my email every five minutes just for this purpose.

Have my Blackberry for that. Starts ringing the second an email comes in. An extension would be nice in Opera though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom