I have decided to put this little list together to help out those who are new to Tech-Forums as well as to serve as a reminder for the old hands around here. While this does not cover everything it does address some pertinent points that do need to be addressed.
>>> What is not allowed on Tech-Forum
- What is not allowed/site rules
- Accepting admin emails
- Moderated posts
- Unable to sign up
- While we try to be as easy-going as we can here, there are still some things that we do not allow. These include:
- Any selling outside of Buy/Sell/Trade
These are fully explained in the Forum Rules
that each member had to agree with in order to become a member. It is a very good idea to read these as ignorance of them is not an acceptable excuse.
>>> Accepting admin emails
- This is very important. Admin emails cover a lot of things, from warnings and infractions to personal contacts to password recovery. It is also very important that members make sure that emails from "@techist.com" are cleared to be received by your email account.
>>> Moderated posts
- Sometimes posts made by new members are automatically moderated due to various factors. It is nothing personal but rather a spam prevention measure. This means that if your post does not immediately appear you do not need to repost it. We will approve the post as soon as we check it out.
>>> Unable to sign up
- If you are unable to sign up it probably means that your country is on our spam list. Again this is nothing personal but rather a way for us to protect Tech-Forums from spam. It does not mean that you cannot join the forums, but it does mean that you will have to email the admin and work it out that way.