Senior Members able to squash SPAM?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Elbatrop1

Memberbot
Because Spam on the forums seems to be getting pretty rampant, I think that more than just mods should be able to shut down a thread. I know that the Mods and SMods are doing their best to keep spam away, but Mods arent on the forums all of the time.

On the other hand, members that have a few thousand posts (Senior Members) are on the forums more often than not.

I would say that the Senior Members are trustworthy enough to be trusted with the power of thread locking.

I would define a Senior Member as someone who has been here for significant amount of time (maybe a year?) and who has a large number of posts (maybe 2000 or 3000+).

This would help to keep spam to a minimum, so we can concentrate on what we come here for: Computer Technology Information/Help

With this version of vB, this would be creating a group that would be very similar to an SMod (able to edit/delete posts/threads in all forums). At this time, I'm not sure that is the direction that TF would want to take. It may be something to look into at a later time and after an upgrade.

In the meantime, it is very helpful when members use the report post feature. When I look at the number of times that members have seen the spam and then look at the number of times that it has been reported, it shows that most people ignore it or make some comment in the thread, but don't report it to the ones that can get rid of it. The most valuable help at this time is to report the posts.

Thanks for the suggestion.

Dave :D

Ya, I knew about the post reporting feature...

Are we headed towards an upgrade anytime soon?

DMo224 said:
In the meantime, it is very helpful when members use the report post feature. When I look at the number of times that members have seen the spam and then look at the number of times that it has been reported, it shows that most people ignore it or make some comment in the thread, but don't report it to the ones that can get rid of it.

Thanks for the suggestion.

Dave :D

I alway's report it first then i go slamming :D ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom