rss or mobile?

Sadly not, RSS is off line atm because it can be abused by spambot's (it aint funny when it happens) and at the moment in time we haven't got a need to use a mobile version of the site, if there is enough interest in it we would possibly consider it.

That would have to be done by Larry. He is the only one with access to that information.

Posting of various statistics and browsers would be fairly cool if possible - especially OSs as Office politics said :) To see if we vary at all from the 'average'. And just general curiosity.

I dont see what the point of knowing what OS people run is. Browser i can understand, but knowing the OS is useless information. It doesnt serve anyone any purpose knowing that information and it could be hazardous to share as people might be using an insecure OS.

Plus what is the "average" that we are going by? There is no such thing as average on the internet. General curosity is one thing. But when it can lead to trouble for other members, that is where the line has to be drawn.

knowing which OS"s the users are using wouldn't be useless information. I asked for it to be able to identify how many vistiors are visiting TF from a mobile device.

I dont think you're exposing your the vistors any more by posting stats on how many visitors use a certain OS. How could this information be used to attack a visitor?

about averages, i think we could be able to find some recent web studyies to see what the norms are.

However, there's prolly a different way of justifying a need for a mobile site. Like a rally thread where we ask the visitors to post from a mobile device.

There is a difference asking how many users are visiting from mobile devices than how many are visiting with what OS. Can just straight up ask the first.

How could that information be used to attack a visitor? You really think that only legit people visit this site? You dont think that someone would try to do something like post up a pic or hijack the site to try and infect others?

http://www.techist.com/forums/f5/weird-error-222494/

Gee that thread certainly looks like someone attempted something now doesnt it? So yes i do think that the information would be hazardous to post cause it would draw attention to the wrong type of people.

I have been bugging Larry for almost a year now about a mobile version. I have bugged him about looking into a Lo Fi version or just installing a mobile skin. This is not a new request, it is not something that has been forgotten. At the same time posting up a rally call is not going to get anything done either. We are working on it and we will get it done, it is just taking us time.

Back
Top Bottom