Reviewers Wanted - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Techist Forum Information > Forum Admin, Announcements & Feedback
Old 08-31-2010, 04:58 PM   #1 (permalink)
Lord Techie
Default Reviewers Wanted

Along with all the changes taking place recently I hope you all have noticed the Review Section located on the Tech-Forum homepage. While it may take you a few tries before you actually find a review, we do have a few posted. Our goal is to have a Review Section that will provide you with an honest, well written evaluation on the newest products in a variety of PC and Tech related categories. In order to achieve this goal Tech-Forums needs to assemble a team of honest reviewers who are knowledgeable in these areas.

We are looking for Reviewers in every PC and Tech related area. The last thing I want to do is refuse a review sample because we don't have a qualified reviewer to handle the evaluation. While having the latest up to date equipment can be a plus, it is not always required to review a product. Many review samples are designed to work with older tech as well as the latest and greatest.

To be perfectly honest, it is easier to obtain review samples for US based reviewers. This does not mean you have to be from the US in order to be a reviewer. It just means I'll need to find manufacturers that have offices in your country or that are willing to ship to your country.

You must be able to write a review that is interesting and professional. We will edit every review as needed but you must have some writing skills.

You must own a camera or have access to a camera that can take a clean, sharp image. A tripod is almost mandatory and some small studio lamps (optional) can make a big difference. You must also have a basic knowledge of image manipulation using a program like Photoshop, Paint.Net or The Gimp.

Some products may require some specialized test equipment in order to evaluate them. You will be required to own or have access to any equipment needed for the product you have requested to review. A Multimeter, dB meter, Digital Thermometer are a few examples of some of the equipment that may be needed.

You must be an honest, well respected member of the Tech-Forum Community. I won't specify a required post count because 500 meaningful posts are as good or better than a 1000 Hello's. I will say this, the Tutorials and Member Review Sections are a great place to show off your skills.

These are not paid positions though you will be able to keep the majority of the review items. If an item must be returned to the manufacturer you will be informed before the review process begins.

If you are interested in joining the team please email me at dan at The email Subject Heading must say Potential Reviewer. You must include your name, forum name, age, address, email address, phone number, system specifications, links to any examples of your writing abilities and any other information you feel will benefit your chances of joining the team. Your email, in it's entirety, will be posted in the Staff Section for the selection process. If you don't want everyone to see it, don't type it.

If you are going to apply please post your intentions in this thread so I can make sure your email doesn't wind up in my Spam Folder.

Do Not Post Your Information Here

Slaymate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2010, 12:27 AM   #2 (permalink)
The Water Cooling Guru
Default Re: Reviewers Wanted

I'll shoot an application over though it me be tough for me to find a sample of my work as the sites I have done reviews for in the past has ceased to exist.

I'll see if I can't dig it up off one of my old hard drives.

EDIT: The Windows 7 search is surprisingly good and was able to find some old emails with some drafts of my previous reviews.

If I help you with something, you think I'm the bomb, or you just like what I said, rep me by clicking the star under my post.

The Official Tech Forums Water Cooling Informational Guide
aspire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2010, 01:24 AM   #3 (permalink)

2600k 16GB RAM 120GB SSD 4TB HDD GTX 1080
15" Retina MBP || 64GB Nexus 6P || 64GB iPad Air 2
Steel Band Huawei Watch || Sony RX100 IV Camera iFargle #1561 || Steam/Origin: iFargle
iFargle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2010, 04:52 PM   #4 (permalink)
Lord Techie

Bump, we only have (2) members interested???
Old 09-01-2010, 05:10 PM   #5 (permalink)
Hyper Techie

I'm very, very interested but pretty unexperienced. I'll shoot you an application and see what happens. Would rather try and fail than not try.
- AMD FX8320 @ 4.2Ghz - ASRock Fatal1ty 990FX Killer - G.Skill Ripjaws X 8gb -
- Asus Strix GTX 970 - Corsair Neutron GTX - Corsair TX 750 -
- Cooler Master HAF XB - Corsair H105 -
- Asus VG248QE - Corsair M60 & K90 -
Abstract Hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2010, 06:07 PM   #6 (permalink)
The Bulldog

I'm interested. I have a reputation on the forums and IRL for being brutally honest. I'll toss together an application next opportunity I get.

<<<<<<<Rep is always welcome
Ultimate Guitar exercises/ Songs for technique
zmatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2010, 06:10 PM   #7 (permalink)
Mod Emeritus

I'm very interested unfortunately between work and school I don't have enough time to do a proper job of it. Once the semester is over I would love to help out though.

AMD Phenom II x4 955 Black Edition : Asus M4A89GTD PRO : Corsair 550VX
G.SKILL Ripjaws 4x2gb DDR3 1600 : MSI Geforce GTX 770 2gb : Antec 300
OCZ Agility 2 60gb SSD (OS) : SanDisk Ultra 120gb SSD (Apps) : Crucial M500 240gb (Steam) : Win 8.1 Pro 64bit
2x Samsung 2494LW & 1x Dell U2312HM Eyefinity

Lenovo ThinkPad X220 : Core i5 2410M : 12.5" 1366x768 IPS LED display : Intel 320 Series 120gb SSD

Samsung Galaxy Note 3 stock 4.3 : Nexus 7 2 stock 4.4

Puddle Jumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2010, 02:50 PM   #8 (permalink)
Monster Techie
Send a message via AIM to Burn

I'm interested...

edit: App sent
EVGA E758 A1 | Core i7 920 @ 4ghz | 6GB DDR3 1600 OCZ Gold | XFX 6870 CF | Corsair TX850 | Cooler Master HAF 932 | Water Cooled
Burn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2010, 05:18 PM   #9 (permalink)
Resident Nightowl

when is the deadline to apply?
Fat.Clown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2010, 06:55 PM   #10 (permalink)
Lord Techie

Originally Posted by Fat.Clown View Post
when is the deadline to apply?
When I feel like it.

It could take sometime to decide on the candidates and we need a variety of different system types to cover all the angles. So it could take quite a while before the Team is complete.