reputation scales - Page 2 - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Techist Forum Information > Forum Admin, Announcements & Feedback
Click Here to Login
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 03-09-2009, 10:36 PM   #11 (permalink)
Oldie but a goodie
 
oldskool's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Maine, USA
Posts: 1,762
Default Re: reputation scales

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spit-wad View Post
Agreed.

Also people should start giving me rep.

And don't reply, "Well you should start earning it!"
meh, I could care less about my own rep, personally. I think its a great system so far, but we all know you are a smart egg, Spit-wad
__________________

__________________
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
oldskool is offline  
Old 03-09-2009, 10:42 PM   #12 (permalink)
True Techie
 
septic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: soul
Posts: 244
Default Re: reputation scales

Quote:
I think its a great system so far, but we all know you are a smart egg, Spit-wad
for me it was crucial to trust or not to trust the content of the person posting. It gave me confidence before knowing who Osiris, Mak, Otter to see 20k+ posts, to actually DO to my computer what they're saying.
__________________

septic is offline  
Old 03-10-2009, 03:06 PM   #13 (permalink)
Bake a Pretty Cake!
 
Spit-wad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 904
Default Re: reputation scales

Post count at least shows activity, but it isn't that accurate... I try not to post unless I have something valuable to say. I know a lot of people here do the same, but obviously not everyone does.
__________________
Spit-wad is offline  
Old 03-10-2009, 07:15 PM   #14 (permalink)

Triforcer
 
Baez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Toronto, Canada
Posts: 6,987
Default Re: reputation scales

And the ones who don't are either currently on vacation or have been in the past .
__________________


Baez is offline  
Old 03-10-2009, 07:21 PM   #15 (permalink)
Bake a Pretty Cake!
 
Spit-wad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 904
Default Re: reputation scales

Why you spammin Baez? +1 to post count much?
__________________
Spit-wad is offline  
Old 03-10-2009, 10:11 PM   #16 (permalink)

Triforcer
 
Baez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Toronto, Canada
Posts: 6,987
Default Re: reputation scales

Yo you should know by now all I'm good at is spammage.
__________________


Baez is offline  
Old 03-12-2009, 01:28 PM   #17 (permalink)
Wizard Techie
 
HAVOC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Milford, Connecticut
Posts: 4,218
Send a message via AIM to HAVOC Send a message via Yahoo to HAVOC
Default Re: reputation scales

I think the rep system is a fantastic idea. I think if it stood out a little more it would be way more successful. The tiny scale is ok, but surely with the amount of graphic talent we have here it could be better. Also the little blocks are ok. They are default I know. But, I've seen other forums running VB that actually give a numerical value to the reputation. This is more important to the system than a few blocks. There are many people with 1 block, 2 blocks, 3 blocks... etc... but that doesn't give you anything to judge by. If I had 2 blocks and the value was say 119. And mikesgroovin has 2 blocks and a value of 150, people can get a better sense of rep.

Perhaps change the scales to the letters " REP "

These are the little things that set forums apart from others. Regulars that frequent here take notice of little things like that.

Just my 3 cent.
HAVOC is offline  
Old 03-12-2009, 02:41 PM   #18 (permalink)
disgruntled ex-moderator
 
Nagasama's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: probably on the lake
Posts: 6,956
Default Re: reputation scales

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baez View Post
Yo you should know by now all I'm good at is spammage.
hey thats my job.
__________________
"nagasama no longer drinks tecate, or streaks out of the night for anything, and he has a fine wife so he has no use for your girlfriend...she is safe..."
Nagasama is offline  
Old 03-12-2009, 04:15 PM   #19 (permalink)
Hiphopapotamus.
 
b0dge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Location: Posts: 61,784
Posts: 557
Default Re: reputation scales

Quote:
Originally Posted by HAVOC View Post
I think the rep system is a fantastic idea. I think if it stood out a little more it would be way more successful. The tiny scale is ok, but surely with the amount of graphic talent we have here it could be better. Also the little blocks are ok. They are default I know. But, I've seen other forums running VB that actually give a numerical value to the reputation. This is more important to the system than a few blocks. There are many people with 1 block, 2 blocks, 3 blocks... etc... but that doesn't give you anything to judge by. If I had 2 blocks and the value was say 119. And mikesgroovin has 2 blocks and a value of 150, people can get a better sense of rep.

Perhaps change the scales to the letters " REP "

These are the little things that set forums apart from others. Regulars that frequent here take notice of little things like that.

Just my 3 cent.
Yeah, there needs to be a better way of quantifying everyone's "rep level", but the system as a whole is great, imo.
__________________
Don't ask questions, just click my rep tick. Now.
b0dge is offline  
Old 04-16-2009, 11:48 PM   #20 (permalink)
Super Techie
 
Pyrothrillah's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: South of you
Posts: 464
Default Re: reputation scales

What is the BB code for scales anyway?
__________________

__________________
Follow My Twitch Stream
Buy Discounted PC Games and more!
Free Amazon Prime 30-Day Trial

New build as of 3/5/2014
--------------------------
Intel Core i7-4930K Ivy Bridge-E 3.4GHz
EVGA GeForce GTX 780 Ti
Corsair h100i Liquid CPU Cooler
G.SKILL RipJaws 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR3 1600
ASUS Sabertooth X79 LGA 2011
Corsair 540 Case
Corsair AX850 Professional Series Modular PSU
Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 64-bit for System Builders


<---- If you feel sorry for me, or either I helped you - throw me some rep :D
Pyrothrillah is offline  
Closed Thread

« Rep for B/S/T | :p »
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Reputation system has been activated Trotter Forum Admin, Announcements & Feedback 185 06-16-2009 10:19 PM
Does D-Link have a bad reputation for products? 706 Computer Networking and Internet Hardware 10 03-05-2009 08:59 AM
Reputation points D-Rocks Forum Admin, Announcements & Feedback 1 01-28-2009 05:55 PM
TF Reputation system ? Oreo Forum Admin, Announcements & Feedback 27 04-20-2008 08:13 AM



Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:03 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.