Reply notifications not working

Status
Not open for further replies.
PM them.

I don't think they're on the forums that often, so at least a PM will get them to look at your question right away.

TheMajor, have you subscribed to this thread? Unless you use the "Use 'Email Notification' by default?" feature (enabled), then you'll only receive emails for subscribed threads.

I don't know of any reason that yours would work and then not work. Mine is working.

Dave :D

Yes, I always subscribe to important threads; and I have "by default" enabled. It always used to work perfectly up until a couple of months ago. I already tried enabling/disabling it. Doesn't work. I will see if my e-mail provider as added something to my blacklist maybe.

I added techist.com to my white-list, and un-subscribed from all threads. I had 111 pages of subscribed threads; maybe I hit some limit. Hope this helps.

It works on and off for me, as well. Though, i say on and off meaning some threads that i have replied in will not notify me via email, whereas some of the other threads will notify me. I checked every available option, and it's set to notify by email by default and such.

DMo224 said:
TheMajor, have you subscribed to this thread? Unless you use the "Use 'Email Notification' by default?" feature (enabled), then you'll only receive emails for subscribed threads.

I don't know of any reason that yours would work and then not work. Mine is working.

Dave :D

Still not working.

It doesn't work either way. I can enable "enable notification by default", or subscribe manually, it won't work.

If I send an e-mail using the "Email user" link in my profile it doesn't work either.

I'm gonna change my email now and see what happens.

TheMajor said:
Still not working.

It doesn't work either way. I can enable "enable notification by default", or subscribe manually, it won't work.

If I send an e-mail using the "Email user" link in my profile it doesn't work either.

I'm gonna change my email now and see what happens.

I changed it to my business email. It seems to work now.

Maybe GMX.net got blocked by the tech-forums mailserver's spamfilter? Could you check that?

My regular email is TheMajor {flops} gmx {flops} net

Yes, it works. Should have tried this earlier. Weird though, been using my regular email since I joined TF.

Been a while that I received mail from TF! :p
I think I'll post more frequently now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom