Repeated Thread Closings?

Status
Not open for further replies.

lancec2c30

Future ex-member
I have noticed this in the PC gaming section a lot lately. All the threads getting closed. I know that it is just the same Call Of Duty 4 or Crysis thread with a different title. But is it really hurting anything? Do these threads use up more of the server owners bandwidth or something that I am not aware of?
Thanks in advance,
Lance ;)

We don't need more than one of any thread, especially of the type being closed.
You wanna say something? Say it in a thread that already exsists... This forum and many others has a search feature, please use it.

^^^ Ditto.

Making multiple threads on the same thing constitutes spam, especially when they are created just for attention or spite. For now we are closing them, but may very well begin treating them as spam posts in the near future.

Hahah, you said search. If people used search there would be about 1/3 as many threads on this forum.

There is a difference between having multiple "discussions" (threads) about a subject, and then there's the same bashing in all of them. Let's get real here...

"Crysis Sucks"
"it's crap"
"it's jacked up"
"it's not all that"
"it's ok, but the plot sucks"
"I hate the game"
etc, etc, etc...

Hence why some threads get closed. Period.

If it was a decent topic that was not about the same thing over and over again, then it wouldn't be so bad. but so far we haven't seen that yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom