Recent promotion

I have an idea. I will just remove people from being able to post in OT since they cant seem to follow the rules. Starting with you, since you so openly admitted your guilt. Problem solved. Just start stripping away privileges and people will start to follow the rules.

I have an idea. I will just remove people from being able to post in OT since they cant seem to follow the rules. Starting with you, since you so openly admitted your guilt. Problem solved. Just start stripping away privileges and people will start to follow the rules.

Woahhh may want to calm down, whats with the rage ? :confused: Can i not even have a light hearted joke now ?

Hey Soul what's your spammer kill count up to? :devil:

I'm guessing he's sat there right now just waiting to ambush them :p

Woahhh may want to calm down, whats with the rage ? :confused: Can i not even have a light hearted joke now ?

In case you havent realized, the rules of this site are not taken as a joking matter at any time. If you want to joke, do it on some other matter as i take the rules of this site very seriously as should every one else who is a member of the site. "Joking" that they are a major violator is a quick way to get you on the "Hit List".

There is absolutely no rage at all. I am very calm. I just dont think joking about rule violation is in the least bit funny. As where you may think it is, i dont and i am not afraid to make it known that it isnt funny. We all work hard to keep this site running nice and smooth. Friendly for everyone. To have someone joke about disrupting said work is not funny for a single person who does this job. All you do is make more work for us by saying stuff like that. Do you think we find it fun checking every single thread on the site for rule violations cause someone thought it was funny to joke about it?

How about this, i remove all your posting permissions and have all your posts be moderated until you find every single post for the last 3 months that could possibly have a rule violation. Lets see how fun you think it is to have to scour the entire site.

I dont think you will consider it to be such a "light hearted joke" when your the one who is forced to go through all the topics and posts for the last 90 days. Just to make sure that there isnt major violations that were not caught nor reported.

So lets try to be a bit more considerate toward those that do this. As it isnt the easiest thing in the world to do.

In case you havent realized, the rules of this site are not taken as a joking matter at any time. If you want to joke, do it on some other matter as i take the rules of this site very seriously as should every one else who is a member of the site. "Joking" that they are a major violator is a quick way to get you on the "Hit List".

There is absolutely no rage at all. I am very calm. I just dont think joking about rule violation is in the least bit funny. As where you may think it is, i dont and i am not afraid to make it known that it isnt funny. We all work hard to keep this site running nice and smooth. Friendly for everyone. To have someone joke about disrupting said work is not funny for a single person who does this job. All you do is make more work for us by saying stuff like that. Do you think we find it fun checking every single thread on the site for rule violations cause someone thought it was funny to joke about it?

How about this, i remove all your posting permissions and have all your posts be moderated until you find every single post for the last 3 months that could possibly have a rule violation. Lets see how fun you think it is to have to scour the entire site.

I dont think you will consider it to be such a "light hearted joke" when your the one who is forced to go through all the topics and posts for the last 90 days. Just to make sure that there isnt major violations that were not caught nor reported.

So lets try to be a bit more considerate toward those that do this. As it isnt the easiest thing in the world to do.

Well, i'm sorry if i misunderstood it for anger.

I do understand it is a lot of work. And i understand you all have better things to do, and i admire you all for doing it - i know i would not want to. But to me profanity does not look good on this forum, i don't have a problem with it on forums where it is more appropriate - hence why it occasionally finds its way into my posts, because i just don't realize (if i realise after, i edit my post). I don't like to say it, because i feel like i'm nagging. But i have even seen mods swear recently. And i have seen considerable profanity used, and then a mod posts right after as if it didn't matter anymore.

That is why i asked if it is more relaxed, i was not joking about the question - i was joking about saying it shouldn't be changed. I think tech-forums is privileged to have the best Management and Mods of any forums i visit, but that doesn't mean it is perfect, after all nothing is perfect. It is difficult to get it right between lieing and saying the moderating is perfect, and being rude and insulting to current mods, but that said i think it is beneficial to everyone and important for members to point out issues and problems they have with the forum.

That's what the little
report.png
is for. Click it and let us know so it can be addressed.

Back
Top Bottom