This is a pigsty - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Techist Forum Information > Forum Admin, Announcements & Feedback
Click Here to Login
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 03-11-2015, 11:18 PM   #1 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: n/a
Posts: 2,956
Default This is a pigsty

http://www.techist.com/forums/f6/mem...allery-170944/

From the first page to the last and even in between dates...
Post from old to new are getting mixed up horribly.
I've been watching that issue for a year now and seems no one has taken a notice to it. :/
Is there anyway the staff team can go ahead close the thread down and start a new member gallery page one ?

I also suggest any old quality threads that are stickied and non active for a year.
be archived and moved to a display sub-forum for all members and vistors to view.

I've seen a few boards do this that I go to and it works out nicely unless you have Bots/spam-tastic/troller members daily.
__________________

-RockMan- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2015, 07:52 AM   #2 (permalink)
Build Guru
 
PP Mguire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Fort Worth, Texas
Posts: 28,310
Default Re: This is a pigsty

This is the thread we mainly all use.

The Tech-Forums Member Picture Gallery
__________________

__________________
"Resolution is just a number." #Ubisoft
Origin/Steam = PP_Mguire Twitch = pp_mguire Instagram = ppmguire PSN = PP_Mguire

Access to my Plex PM me.
PP Mguire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2015, 09:19 AM   #3 (permalink)
Private Joker
 
carnageX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: South Dakota
Posts: 24,515
Default Re: This is a pigsty

Trotter looks so different in that thread... lmao
Attached Images
File Type: jpg lol.jpg (70.7 KB, 14 views)
__________________
Laptop: MSI GT70 2OC-059us | i7-4700MQ | 16GB | GTX 770m | 500GB SSD / 750GB HDD | 17.3" | Win10 Pro
Desktop: 4690k | 12GB g.Skill RipJaws | GTX 970 | 520hx | Z87X-UD4H | Corsair Vengeance C70 | Corsair H110 | Acer 25" | Acer 22" | Win10
Mobile: Samsung Galaxy Note 5


If I help you, or you just like what I said, rep me by clicking the under my post
carnageX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2015, 12:24 PM   #4 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: n/a
Posts: 2,956
Default Re: This is a pigsty

Quote:
Originally Posted by PP Mguire View Post
This is the thread we mainly all use.

The Tech-Forums Member Picture Gallery
Yes I understand that but the thread itself is way too cluttered.
When you have posts getting mixed up old with new and vice versa.
Thats pretty bad, I've seen that issue happen here and somewhere else.
I say we start out new, lock this thread and start a new member gallery.
If you look on the board closely, there is a old photo thread, that can go in there.
-RockMan- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2015, 12:26 PM   #5 (permalink)
Private Joker
 
carnageX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: South Dakota
Posts: 24,515
Default Re: This is a pigsty

Quote:
Originally Posted by -RockMan- View Post
Yes I understand that but the thread itself is way too cluttered.
When you have posts getting mixed up old with new and vice versa.
Thats pretty bad, I've seen that issue happen here and somewhere else.
I say we start out new, lock this thread and start a new member gallery.
If you look on the board closely, there is a old photo thread, that can go in there.
Most likely caused by the various DB imports/exports we've had to do when we had transitioned from versions of vB.
__________________
Laptop: MSI GT70 2OC-059us | i7-4700MQ | 16GB | GTX 770m | 500GB SSD / 750GB HDD | 17.3" | Win10 Pro
Desktop: 4690k | 12GB g.Skill RipJaws | GTX 970 | 520hx | Z87X-UD4H | Corsair Vengeance C70 | Corsair H110 | Acer 25" | Acer 22" | Win10
Mobile: Samsung Galaxy Note 5


If I help you, or you just like what I said, rep me by clicking the under my post
carnageX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2015, 12:40 PM   #6 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: n/a
Posts: 2,956
Default Re: This is a pigsty

Now I see why remixed was against the board change and why she eventually lost her mind over time.
Long as I've been here I really don't like this type of board.
My main reasons is one of those as I stated here.
If trotter does get ahold of the of the person managing the code and what not soon.
Have him change the board to something stable or hire a website designer who can meet the site needs.
-RockMan- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2015, 12:44 PM   #7 (permalink)
Private Joker
 
carnageX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: South Dakota
Posts: 24,515
Default Re: This is a pigsty

Quote:
Originally Posted by -RockMan- View Post
Now I see why remixed was against the board change and why she eventually lost her mind over time.
Long as I've been here I really don't like this type of board.
My main reasons is one of those as I stated here.
If trotter does get ahold of the of ther person managing the code and what not.
Have him change the board to something stable or hire a website designer who can meet the site needs.
There are things being discussed at the moment among the staff and the site owners.

Keep in mind...changing boards isn't just a "simple" thing to do. Lots of testing to be done before we even think about upgrading to a new version or moving to a different forum software. The reason we reverted back from vB4 back to vB3 was because vB4 was buggy as **** and unstable. So we reverted.

It's a lot more than just hiring a website designer too - that just takes care of the skin (which Baez was previously working on, but things happened during the transition period between board versions). It's more than just design - it's the software backend as well.
__________________
Laptop: MSI GT70 2OC-059us | i7-4700MQ | 16GB | GTX 770m | 500GB SSD / 750GB HDD | 17.3" | Win10 Pro
Desktop: 4690k | 12GB g.Skill RipJaws | GTX 970 | 520hx | Z87X-UD4H | Corsair Vengeance C70 | Corsair H110 | Acer 25" | Acer 22" | Win10
Mobile: Samsung Galaxy Note 5


If I help you, or you just like what I said, rep me by clicking the under my post
carnageX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2015, 12:51 PM   #8 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: n/a
Posts: 2,956
Default Re: This is a pigsty

Quote:
Originally Posted by carnageX View Post
There are things being discussed at the moment among the staff and the site owners.

Keep in mind...changing boards isn't just a "simple" thing to do. Lots of testing to be done before we even think about upgrading to a new version or moving to a different forum software. The reason we reverted back from vB4 back to vB3 was because vB4 was buggy as **** and unstable. So we reverted.

It's a lot more than just hiring a website designer too - that just takes care of the skin (which Baez was previously working on, but things happened during the transition period between board versions). It's more than just design - it's the software backend as well.
I know you mean well but let trotter decide that or reply back.
All that you mentioned I'm aware of that if not more.
I don't want to continue talking to you about it.
-RockMan- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2015, 02:15 PM   #9 (permalink)
Private Joker
 
carnageX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: South Dakota
Posts: 24,515
Default Re: This is a pigsty

Quote:
Originally Posted by -RockMan- View Post
I know you mean well but let trotter decide that or reply back.
All that you mentioned I'm aware of that if not more.
Let Trotter decide what? The site owners have say on what goes on with the site since they pay for the server and purchased the rights from the previous owners. They already have a plan in place, and have been discussing it with the entire site staff here. That's all I'm going to say on the matter since things are still being discussed/planned.

Or are you talking about what's to be done with the threads like you suggested?

Quote:
I don't want to continue talking to you about it.
Erm, a bit rude no? lol
__________________
Laptop: MSI GT70 2OC-059us | i7-4700MQ | 16GB | GTX 770m | 500GB SSD / 750GB HDD | 17.3" | Win10 Pro
Desktop: 4690k | 12GB g.Skill RipJaws | GTX 970 | 520hx | Z87X-UD4H | Corsair Vengeance C70 | Corsair H110 | Acer 25" | Acer 22" | Win10
Mobile: Samsung Galaxy Note 5


If I help you, or you just like what I said, rep me by clicking the under my post
carnageX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2015, 03:03 PM   #10 (permalink)
Lord Techie
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: asdf
Posts: 8,887
Default Re: This is a pigsty

...it's sad to say, I miss how this forum looked in 2005. Sucks that everything is so broken...
__________________

c0rr0sive is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off




Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:23 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.