A petition for a Projects forum

setishock

Wizard of Wires
It has been asked by a member for information on network cable hacks. It was picked up on by myself and another member who offered to work on them.

I suggested a projects forum where electronics and computer related projects could be posted. The other member TheDrunk also thought this was a good idea. So what we're asking is:

A place where we could discuss and share electronics projects. Projects and hacks on hardware to improve or expand what they do. Projects that involve Ardrino (sp?) and simple chip based projects just to present a couple of ideas.

I submit this proposal in the hope it will come to light. I think between myself and TheDrunk we can stir up a lot of interest. A lot of people here are closet DIY'ers. I propose given the right forum to work in we can stir up like interests.

Please let us know what you decide. We would appreciate an opportunity to make this as productive a forum as the rest of Techist. Thank you for your time and consideration.

I'd like such a thing, if only because it might nudge me into starting some projects in my head, or continuing half-finished ones :p

I kinda like that. A place to show off your project and maybe inspire someone else. I think that could be pretty cool.

I would greatly enjoy a DIY/Project thread/sub-forum so people like myself can post about our projects, create/improve guides and DIY. I feel that it should include micro processors and allow for a wide range of electronic hardware hacking.
I belive some rules of what not to do, is hacks that would be illegal some examples would be.
ATM Hacking
Car hacking ( I.E. DIY/turtorial on how to hack a car wirelessly and gain access or drive remotley)
any IP hacking where the individual does not or can not hold the rights to hack said equipment. as in leased items. some machines, and or electronics are leased based one of these items could include some types of card readers for currency exchange.
there are others but I would like to have the sub-forum be mostly about ethical hardware hacking. and DIY projects.
I have a few projects I would like to post up on

^^ I'm pretty sure those rules would fall under the already-existing "no illegal stuff" rules here

One of my plans to is to see how feasible it will be to use two SDRs (software-defined radios) to allow trading of pokémon between emulators. It'll take some creative programming and definitely won't be allowed by the rules of the forum :p

The other SDR-related project of mine relates to (de-)validating wireless keyboards for use at my place of work.

^^ I'm pretty sure those rules would fall under the already-existing "no illegal stuff" rules here

Having done a hacking degree, it's always good to give some definite examples for these things, as there can be some creative - and annoyingly valid to those in charge - ways to get around rules.

Last edited:
Having done a hacking degree, it's always good to give some definite examples for these things, as there can be some creative - and annoyingly valid to those in charge - ways to get around rules.

Fair enough :)

Not talking directly about the emulator might be ok. How you wire and program the data link would be of interest.

See how much attention we're attracting already?

What about creating a newtype of internet. Using satellite relay in order to create a torrent like connection where the more users connected determine the speed of which you recive.

I really like the idea. As TF doesn't do this at the moment, whenever I'm doing a project or have an idea for one, I do have to search around the web for multiple websites..

If it can be based here, it would certainly attract people, especially me! :cool:

Back
Top Bottom