The only thing i dont like about this site.........

Status
Not open for further replies.
coming from uk im in a small group of people and the majority are in the US and surrounding areas, so ill often see posts with ($$$) in, ive no idea how much that is, why cant the site automatically change any $signs into £ signs? and vice versa if i post £ its turned into $ for US folks.
because $1 USD does not equal £1, and vice versa
Also, $1 USD does not equal $1 AUD, which does not equal $1 CA, which does not equal 1 euro etc...

I live in Australia, and our dollar is worth about 82-83 US cents, plus there are different taxes, and things have to be imported, shipping prices are different etc..

all these things make prices in Australian dollars different from US dollars, and that's something I have had to get used to.
This is not just restricted to tech-forums though. This is practically everywhere, except for forums that are made for one specific country

If you really want to convert currencies, go to XE.com - The World's Favorite Currency Site
Is that even possible? :freak:
probably possible, but not practical.

IMO, it is better to leave currencies as they are. That way, it's easier for other people to find prices in their currency. Because if you were to use prices in your currency, recommending to somebody else, it just wouldn't convert extremely well.

Today I sent a PM to trotter about this and I am going to post links to a sight that ships internationally whenever I see a link to newegg.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom