The only thing i dont like about this site.........

Status
Not open for further replies.

jonny_uk

Fully Optimized
coming from uk im in a small group of people and the majority are in the US and surrounding areas, so ill often see posts with ($$$) in, ive no idea how much that is, why cant the site automatically change any $signs into £ signs? and vice versa if i post £ its turned into $ for US folks.

Is that even possible? :freak:

I know what you mean.

There is a currency converter in the buy sell trade section.
Related but slightly OT dose neweg ship internationally?

No thats another thing, newegg is completely "for them", nobody in the uk can use them and thats the site that everyone mentions on here!
Its no big deal its just one of my little gripes really.
And ive got a converter on my mobile and got a site book marked but i dont want to keep checking prices all the time!

I can understad your pain. TF is predominately a US site, and the $ is the main currency cited. I can also understand the frustration about NewEgg since the Egg has about the best selection and great prices.

There is a list in the Browser forum with sites members have submitted. these are broken down by where they are available.

As for converting dollars to pounds, I dunno. I doubt the vB software can do it. I wonder if there is a Firefox extension that puts a converter in the toolbar or something...?

whats your maths like? - as a general rule of thumb £1 = $2 -- £4 = $8 etc

NP think I should post it in the browser section, I have used it a few times already in the short time I have had it.

there's an automatic currency converter (firefox) that will change all prices on any website you visit to your selected currency its extremely accurate aswell I think it said it updates 4 times a day on the currency conversions. Don't know the name of the add-on I had it about 2 months ago but I keep changing my operating system every couple of months and have forgotten the name.

Do it in your head anyway its just half price in GBP + 10% for shipping costs so add and extra few quid..... does it really matter anyway as your an experienced poster surely you would of noticed this and or no several online UK stores and how there prices vary anyway....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom