Notice: Change in the Infraction System

Trotter

Grandfather of Techist, ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff member
Steps have been taken to simplify the current infraction system.

We have moved to a "three strikes and you're out" way of doing them. This breaks down like this:
  • Warning - 0 points | expires in 90 days
  • Strike 1 - 1 point | expires in 30 days
  • Strike 2 - 2 points | expires in 30 days
  • Temp Ban - 3 points | expires in 30 days (suspension, to be used judiciously)
  • Perma Ban - 3 points | permanent

The reason for the warning/infraction will be included in the PM that is automatically sent whenever a warning or infraction is given (since the system makes us generate one already).

Actually, this is just a clarification of our move to a 150 infraction points = permanent ban. It gets rid of the more than a dozen infraction classifications and moves us to a nice clean system.

Any currently pending infractions will be handled on a case by case basis if any further infractions are warranted.

If you have any comments or discussion put them in this thread.

I have 2 "strikes".. Does this mean next time I offend someone I get the banhammer? :confused:

Both of your infractions have expired, meaning they have "rolled off" as far as being held against is concerned. They are on the record, but no longer are active.

All infractions have an "expiration date" and then they become inactive. ;)

What does it matter as long as they're expired?

Ever hear the saying "History Repeats Itself". Given a history of infractions shows that people have done this before and continue to do it. Thus giving anyone a reason to issue a perma ban over just a temp ban. If it can be shown that no matter the amount of infractions a person continues to violate the rules, then why keep them on the site to continue the vicious circle. Sometimes it is better to cut the person loose than to have to deal with the problem constantly.

That is why it matters if you have repeat offenses. While they may be expired, they show your history and we can learn from that history to know if it will be worthwhile to keep someone or to ban them outright. Some people just dont learn until it is to late.

Back
Top Bottom