New News Section

Trotter

Grandfather of Techist, ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff member
I would assume that most have noticed Tech-Forums' newest addition, our very own news forum. For those who have missed it, it is just three forums below this one and just above the Official TF Reviews.

The News Forum has been a long time coming. While tech news has always been shared here on TF, it has never had its own place. Some news items ended up here or there, and many were posted more than once due to this oversight. Osiris (currently on sabbatical) has always supplied us with all kinds of tidbits and especially gave us tips, tricks, and news for Windows. Many others also shared what they found here. The problem was that no one could readily see all of these together and had to hunt them down.

The way the News Forum has been set up is a bit different than most of the other forums here on Tech-Forums. Only members of our news team and the staff can start threads within the News Forum. That's not to say that items posted by others won't make it into the News Forum, but they will have to be moved there by the staff. This may not make sense to some, but it was the only way we could be sure that the integrity of the items could be maintained. The thread posted in the News Forum is also shared on the Tech-Forums Facebook account (if you haven't liked us on FB Now would be a good time to do so).

So, who are the members of the TF news team? For now we have two who are filling that role, David S. and Shae B. And just who are these mystery writers? They are none other than our own MindoverMaster and Abstract Hero. While we could have just let them use their regular accounts to post news items, it would have given both artificially inflated post counts. By creating both their own new News account we eliminated that sticking point and was also able to give TF News a couple of new "faces" for people to see. Be sure to congratulate both of these for helping us out.

If you come across something that you think would fit here on TF's News Forums, shoot either one of these a PM or email (to either their main on News accounts). Or if you see a thread that you think belongs in the News Forum. you get the idea.

Thank you, Trotter. News will be posted on Tweeter as well. For those of you that use it. Link

Please, if you see an article anywhere that we did not post, please feel free to notify me or Abstract. Either of our accounts.

I'll be on the lookout for relevant news ;) I get most tech sites into Google Reader so I tend to get most of the interesting stuff.

Back
Top Bottom