n00b Lounge Sub Forum

Status
Not open for further replies.

Harper

"I FEEL SO GOOD I FEEL SO NUMB, YEAH!!!"
One thing that did cross my mind today was that maybe we might have a n00b Lounge subforum in the computer hardware section.

This is where new users can ask the really silly questions with out the fear of sounding like an idiot. We advertise it some thing like this
"Flame-free zone for people who are new to hardware and overclocking. No question too stupid, nothing taken for granted. Please read back in the forum and see if your question was already asked (and answered) recently."

IMO,

I thought the forum was noob-friendly enough? The members here are generally very newbie friendly from what I have seen since I have been here. when I first joined here I asked some REALLY stupid questions, and never got a flame or any negative retort. From what I've seen, people who do flame are quickly given a warning or an infraction, or the post gets deleted. The mods do a great job of cleaning up the garbage. Just my dos centavos!

I don't think it is really needed. The forum is meant to answer questions, that would be like having an advanced section as well for only very advanced questions. I just don't think it matters if all types of questions are in one place.

Well, yes, nobody here really gets flamed or insulted with noobish questions, thanks to our mods. I don't recall us having one before Kmote, but I guess "New Member Introductions" category pretty much sums it up.

Believe me if some one did get funny with a new member who is non technical and is genuinely trying to learn and or fix a problem I and any other mod will come down on that member like a ton of bricks, and then we will get medieval on them :devil:.

As always I would like to take this opportunity to say a thank you to our vigilant regulars who without them our job would be a lot more difficult, and to the rest of the mods below my level your doing a stand up job and you help enforce the rules in a caring and above all understanding way that most forums don't have TF is a real community because all sides for the most part work hard to make it that way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom