More Buttons

Status
Not open for further replies.

CableModem

Baseband Member
I'd like more buttons for options. I don't like scrolling to the top of the window so I can click on the button called Computer Technology Forum > Main > Site Feedback & Suggestions. I'd like it if that was on the bottom of the screen. And if logoff was on the top and side, or just in more places. I use school computers alot and I don't want my password autosacved for the next person so I have to scroll all the way down to click logout. I'd appriciate it it you'd just make a logout at the top as well, and make it more obvious.

Good points... especially the "log out button"

Actually, today I was planning out a different look and feel for the top area of the pages.

Here is what I was thinking ---Main Links to the following---

Computer Networking
Linux OS
Apple/ Max OS
Windows OS and Software
Hardware
Programming
Multimedia
Gaming
Technology Schools
General Internet Issues

Also, have links to:
Technology section
Archive section
Shop Tech Forums
Donations
Meet TF Moderators

And add a log out button :)

Also going to add another and/or different advertising spot (this is for anyone to advertise) has different payment rates via paypal

Its a lot of stuff to put in the top area, but Ithink it will work BUT don't want to "clutter" the page.

Also, don't want to clutter the sides, etc. Still want to keep a "clean" look, BUT obviously add some user-friendly quick links, features, etc.

any comments?

It is hard keeping the forum's look clean AND accomodating requests. That is one of the highlights of the forum, its simple yet to the point look, I don't have to go through 50 different adds flashing at me diverting my attention from paying attention to a post... you miss allot when trying to read and having something flashing in the background.

Yet, the improvements you mentioned (Larry), will definitely help ease our navigation through the forum. Sometimes I find myself clicking away more often than reading and posting.

I feel change is always good, sometimes changes causes unease but that can be dealt with, we look forward to seeing more changes to the site, so far the changes that have been made, the addition of new forums, sub-forums, has been great, keep up the good work guys, all of you!!

Breadcrumbs

I agree with adding breadcrumbs, that's the text navigation added to the bottom.

Computer Technology Forum > Main > Site Feedback & Suggestions > More Buttons

^---- That would be added at the bottom. It is convenient.

In the meantime, a user can use their keyboard for quick navigation from bottom to top (home key) or from top to bottom (end key). Of course, page up and page down will do "little" jumps.

Dave :D

I love the new links layout! It helps a great deal. It was almost to the point where scrolling was becoming a chore to get to the forums I wanted. :) So great work guys!

And by the way... the Shop-TF link is awesome! I plan to make any of my future PC purchases here!:D (And I don't say that to be sarcastic, I really would like to build a PC and this helps immensely in getting me there!:D :D)

yeah, I like how logout is on the top now so I dont have to go to the homepage and scroll all the way down to logout

i tried clicking those new links (not added buttons) that say multimedia mac lunix hardware etc and it LOGGED ME OUT. I had to log back in to post,

I thought that might or might not happen...
it has to do with "passing" the session id...
BUT it does not happen all the time and/or on every person...
DOES IT?

thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom