Missing Pics and Little Boxes - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Techist Forum Information > Forum Admin, Announcements & Feedback
Click Here to Login
Closed Thread

Old 05-06-2003, 01:55 PM   #1 (permalink)
Newb Techie

Send a message via Yahoo to Raindancer
Exclamation Missing Pics and Little Boxes

Hi,

WINDOWS XP HOME EDITION

I have OE6. Until recently everything was fine, i.e. Stationeries were being sent intact, now, however, little red Xs appear where pictures should be, yet ... Send pics with ...etc, is enabled. When I preview prior to sending, the pictures are there. A message is appearing telling me the pictures might not be sent, I find this puzzling, especially since all was ok a few days ago! Boxes appear instead of Quotation marks, etc. Mail received is the same, Nothing has been changed within the computer settings. Outlook Express is my mail default. I have no trouble whatsoever with fonts, receiving/sending.
I really want to know why this has begun to happen, and how to put it right. I enabled send attachments ... etc. (Tools, options, security..)
I did try a repair to OE and IE but this hasn't solved the problem.
Can anyone help, please? No System Restore Point available, the one I created has disappeared.
Thanks.

Old 05-11-2003, 07:30 PM   #2 (permalink)
Ultra Techie

okay thats great and all and i might answer you when you learn to post in the right forum. will a mod please move this?

Old 05-11-2003, 08:59 PM   #3 (permalink)
Newb Techie

Well I am so sorry for posting in the wrong place.

If I had been used to posting I would have got it right, however, as I am fairly new to the world of computing I DO make mistakes, and after all, isn't that the way we are supposed to learn?

Anne.
Old 05-11-2003, 09:11 PM   #4 (permalink)
Ultra Techie

okay, we are going to have a mod move this thread as soon as one gets online so this can be straightened out. its okay that you made a mistake.
Old 05-11-2003, 09:38 PM   #5 (permalink)
Newb Techie

Yep, I made a mistake, but I won't be making another.
Closed Thread