McAfee Siteadvisor Rating - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Techist Forum Information > Forum Admin, Announcements & Feedback
Closed Thread
Old 02-16-2009, 12:46 PM   #1 (permalink)
Newb Techie
Send a message via AIM to Desion Send a message via Yahoo to Desion
Default McAfee Siteadvisor Rating

Hey i use mcafee siteadvisor for my web browsing and it says that these forums are rated Red, which means there is a security risk.

Ive used these forums for awhile, and was wondering why it says there is a bad rating for these forums now?

Old 02-16-2009, 12:55 PM   #2 (permalink)
There and Back again
Default Re: McAfee Siteadvisor Rating

This is being worked out between the Admin folk and McAfee. It's yellow on my end, but there is nothing here that will cause any issue, so browse away

Dell 4K S2817Q / Logitech Z-680 / Func MS3 Mouse / Corsair K70
NZXT Source 530 / i7-3770K / Corsair H100 / ASRock Z77 Extreme4 / SoundBlaster Recon3d
Samsung 850 PRO 512GB SSD/Seagate 1TB/2TB/WD 2TB
4x4GB Corsair Vengeance 2133 / PNY GTX 980 ti/ Seasonic M12II 850W
Old 02-16-2009, 12:56 PM   #3 (permalink)
Lord Techie

We are aware of this it relates to one or more links in our hijack this logs section, Mak213 i believe is trying to get this rectified.

However the site advisor is a joke, as is the Hacker safe they scour the internet with bot's and only scan a site every few years unless requested and a person never checks up on them. The Hacker safe is a joke as it is automated an skips a lot and quite honestly only performs basic tests if some one wants access other than as a limited user given time an skill they will get access. Use your own judgement and don't for god's sake use mcafee, Norton or Panda as they are a total joke and not worth the money use AVG or Avast for your anti virus needs both are free for home use and catch far more than the other three that I have listed.
Visit this and do something for the world!

Want to do even more? Take a look here and join the fight on human trafficking.

Hear and you forget, see and you remember, do and you understand.

Old 02-16-2009, 01:20 PM   #4 (permalink)
Call me Mak or K
Mod Emeritus

If you read teh Security Advisor for Tech-Forums, not only have i responded but so has 2 of our Admins. Trotter and Larry both requested that the site be re-scanned. McAfee has yet to do it.

The issue that they reported us yellow for was from a HiJack This log from over 4 years ago which can not even be accessed on the server as it stands now.

If it shows Red for you that shouldnt be.
I do not accept support questions via EMail, PM, IM or my G+ page!

Phone: LG Optimus G Pro
Running: Stock JB from LG with Nova Launcher

Old 02-17-2009, 04:21 PM   #5 (permalink)
Oldie but a goodie

And to think I used to trust Site Advisor.

Closed Thread